Thor - Thor 2011

aeryn

Started sketches and serious design talk on my BF's Thor costume last night.

I haven't any of them scanned in yet, but I'll try to keep this thread updated with progress.

He's going to try to get a done-enough outfit for Halloween, which will entail a shirt/vest, the chest armor, cape, hammer and bracers. Kind of a half Thor 2011 and half Avengers style (we found a pic without his arm armor).

I've designed a sleeveless shirt/vest for him to wear under the armor - since you never see it less the piping on the collar, I had fun. It will work as as fantasy vest for renfest too, and takes in the design elements of interwoven circles from the movie costumes (particularly Odin's). Now I get to learn how to block the fabric together. Woot.

For the Armor, we'll be making it an over-the-head peice that latches in the back, with the back flap covering the latches and a belt to hold the flap down. Base materials will be 1/4" foam, 1/8" foam and blue vinyl.

For the cape, we have some lovely red wool - I'm excited to try to get the pleats and folds right. It's just gorgeous in the movie!

Bracers - same materials as armor.

Hammer - modified purchased hammer

And that's the plan so far!

Sounds cool, hope you finish. I had thought about doing a Thor, but I've lost most of my muscle in the last year or so, so if just look funny lol though could always have a muscle suit under the armor

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back