Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Or night scenes.

“Fury Road”, despite being without Gibson, is a near perfect action film. The “night” scenes were very obviously shot in broad daylight. It might have looked more realistic if they at least filmed in overcast instead of broad daylight. I think they probably wanted to capture facial detail but maybe they went a little overboard. The blue is so saturated and the detail is so vivid I wasn’t certain they were supposed to be night scenes.

I doesn’t hurt the film. I just chalk it down to the director’s impressionistic visuals.

Or the "night" scenes are meant to help represent the radioactive wasteland that is the world by having the night time have an artistic "glow" (this is the same reason for the "night" scenes in the reimagined Battlestar Galactica series, that it was a style choice to reflected the nuked Caprica in addition to the overly saturated bright yellow daytime).

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned... But Adult Films have really given me a false sense of reality! It's very sad. I mean... Plumbers NEVER show up on time. ;)
e10kS2T.gif

How come every movie that has some sort of grand scale disaster (earthquake, alien invasion, kaiju etc) has to have a schoolbus in it?

And Hollywood shorthand for an obsessed person is a room wall full of newspaper clippings and photos - usually with thumbtacks and colored string.

How come every movie that has some sort of grand scale disaster (earthquake, alien invasion, kaiju etc) has to have a schoolbus in it?
Finished watching the Chinese SciFi epic- "The Wandering Earth" (Netflix).
The characters are passing through a demolished city, frozen in ice- sure nuff- there's the front of a school bus sticking out of the ice...

Airplanes, spaceships, etc coming in for a crash landing and they SKIM the surface of a mountain or building taking out part of the engine and then finally landing on the surface where they just happen to avoid every single obstacle on the ground...

Come on, man!

Last edited:
Airplanes, spaceships, etc coming in for a crash landing and they SKIM the surface of a mountain or building taking out part of the engine and then finally landing on the surface where they just happen to avoid every single obstacle on the ground...

Come on, man!
It is also annoying when during a crash landing things which should break or be smashed are perfectly fine but other thongs which should be fine are broken.
Best example is the Enterprise saucer crash in Generations. The leading edge of the saucer, covered in windows, strikes the top of a giant hill (or small mountain) and shears it off. When the dust settles the front windows on that part of the hull are just dirty, but the Bridge dome which came into contact with nothing during the crash is shattered.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back