Things you're tired of seeing in movies

A lit cigarette snipped into a puddle of gasoline igniting it. The Mythbusters tested that scene and found out that this was impossible.

And now hear this: "THE A-TEAM" GOT IT RIGHT! In the episode "One More Time" Face spits a lit cigarette into a puddle of gas - and the cigarette goes out! :D

How about firearms? Several different types of weapons and calibers all making the exact same sounds in a movie or TV show.
Just lazy foley work, I guess?

Probably, it's also possible that the studio doesn't have a deep library of recorded gun shots, it's also possible that the (production) studio didn't provide the (foley) studio with model and caliber being used so they just have to wing it. You have to figure that the foley people are sound people and not gun people, most of them probably can't tell the difference between one gun and the next, much less know that each caliber and gun sounds different from another. After all, sound people do the same thing with cars, they tend to use a generic engine sound for all cars, with maybe different sounds for small compact cars, another for muscle cars, and another for a junker. I remember the movie Ronin being a big deal because the production staff/sound people actually recorded the sounds of each car that was featured in the movie.

Ok. I think I'm finally tired of Adam Sandler. Probably due to that same stupid voice of his he tends to do to try to be funny. It's stupid. It worked in Billy Madison and a couple of other movies after but he needs to take voice acting lessons because it's just not funny anymore. It doesn't help any of his characters. It's just...ugh!

I'm tired of whenever someone pulls out a gun you hear the sound of them cocking the hammer back or switching off the safety even if the gun does not have them, such as a Glock which doesn't have an exposed hammer or a safety.

In "T2" they used cannon shot sounds for the guns to give them more impact. I guess one of the most believable sounds used for a gun is the whirring sound of the empty mini gun in "Predator".
I've been around plenty of miniguns being fired and tested. None sounded like that. But I agree that the sounds seemed to be what it'd sound like.

The whole concept of someone with reflexes so good, they know they can defeat anyone, armed with anything, even machine guns, when they’re only carrying knives of swords.
“Into the Badlands” is a downright comical example of this. People shooting crossbows at them, and they just knock the bolts out of the air like flies and not even looking? Or “Deadpool” from, “X Men Origins Wolverine” using two swords to knock every single bullet out of the air from multiple automatic weapons? Not one of the bad guys was shooting at his knees, I noticed!
Yeah yeah yeah, I know, mutants and all. But I’m sick of the idea someone, ANYONE can just walk into a room with knives or swords and defeat everyone without even breaking a sweat. Just once I’d love to see someone like that walk into a room, off everyone shooting at them, then notice the timer on a bomb counting to three…two…one… and then BOOM, their skills didn’t save them then!

What took you so long?
I suppose it was my enjoyment for Waterboy, Happy Gilmore, and Billy Madison. mostly the former two. I really do like those.

He has made me cringe since he started making movies with Kevin James. Can't stand that guy. Can't stand their troupe. It's just a big freaking circlejerk. :behave

Wouldn't it be fun to write a script taking EVERY SINGLE POST in mind and applying it to the main story?! This would be the greatest worst movie ever made! ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back