TheUnspeakable's 'Aviator' Pred concept

Unspeakable

I've been sketching an 'Aviator' style predator for the past couple days, and would really like to develop the character a little more.

First, here are some very rough sketches I've been messing with. I'm still developing my ideas.
img006dp.jpg.png

img005nt.jpg.png

some notes:

His Upper Mandibles will be much larger than his bottom, giving his face a 'beak-like' appearance when closed. This will also lend a hand in his bio mask shape!

I wanted him to keep a predator look, however he resemble some sort of Raptor (vulture/hawk/eagle/owl). I also am liking the idea of Predator tightly winding his dreads to be more of a ponytail. Maybe make his dreads very long to exaggerate this look.

His skin will definitely be a lighter tone, with whites, yellows and blues for toning. I almost imagine his facial texture much like an eagles foot.

As for his armor/weapons, My first impression is his armor should be shiny like that of a knight, or similar to a battle angel type. I don't know if this is the real route I want to go, since I think I'm adding too much fantasy art into Predator. I kind of want to keep him light armor since I envision him with a booster pack to get him flying.

Weapons:

Cannon: I don't think he's going to have firepower, since he's going to be attacking from the air. But that might change.
arm blades: I'm Thinking a 1 piece blade that retracts, but not fully. Maybe have large fixed blades on his wrist bands (AVP style).
His back will most definitely have some sort of jet propulsion and breathing apparatus.
I think his Primary weapon will be some sort of spear or javelin. I may go predator tech, but could lean towards a xenomorph tipped spear. I also imagine some sort of bolas or net, maybe use the AVP net as an alternative.

Let me know what you guys think. If everything turns out, I should have some real sketches tomorrow or thursday, and may work with some clay!

img006dp.jpg.png

img005nt.jpg.png

Hi there new member,
I've always liked the eagle look and or hawk look, now that you've put it togeather with the predator it makes sense, nice work, I can't wait to see more, what might look cool is some kind of leg knife like a dagger or small tanto like knife.

all send and done you really got something going on, good job.

This is what i joyed for, new and freah predator ideas. :)

I don't want to make a mixture of predator/bird. They are spikes/horns on his cheeks. I am using similar textures around his mandibles like an eagle talon though. I'm also trying to devise some trophies for him to wear. I was thinking teradactyl skull or something of that nature, maybe a Dragon skull. I definitely think his bounties should include some BA flying creatures though!

Personally I think the mandiles look a bit strange, not nececarily in a bad way though.
I'm looking forward to see where this concept ends up. This guy should definately have a fair deal of originality.

I've been brewing a bit and have changed his side profile and mask a bit:

img008k.jpg

img007m.jpg.png

The first pic is my revamped bio. I wanted to stick to the P1 roots and make a simple yet effective bio. I'm dropping the chrome gear on this project. I'm gonna stick with the tempered look the original wolf toted. I was attempting some different design on the side bio shot, but I think I'm gonna keep the bio mask like the top pic. In my second pic, I adjusted the side shot of the pred to get a better shot of his spiked cheeks, and where he's going to have quills. I plan on a pretty thick row of quills down his forehead, above his brows and following up his horns on the side lobe.

img008k.jpg

img007m.jpg.png

It almost looks like the big chicken from family guy when they did the Empire strikes back episode,the chicken was Boba Fett.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back