thegreatgalling's Bluray Skynet Edition Endoskull Mod/Upgrade

Sweet! Nice work, Joe!

Seeing that you have a side-by-side, you may have gotten in on that crazy deal they had last summer (something like $49 for the bust/blu-rays)? I did - and now I see I have to mod mine!

You gave all info needed except the source for teeth - of should I hit up Kev? :lol

Wow! I'm glad that this thread got bumped! I missed seeing it the first time around. I happen to have the same Endoskull and I've never been crazy about the eyes. After a quick trip to my local Radio Shack yesterday afternoon, I upgraded the eyes and began the process of minimizing the paint/weathering around the eyes and nose area. What a difference! (Pictures really don't do it justice. The eyes look way better in person.) After finishing up with the black paint removal on the rest of it I may have a go at repainting the teeth. (If they don't turn out that well I can always try the denture route.) Thanks for the helpful tips! Much appreciated! :thumbsup

View attachment 115456 View attachment 115457

Wish I had seen this tear down and rebuild before I started my puppet version for my Terminator film. One thing that drove me crazy from the get go was the open jaw and horrible teeth. The stock teeth will work, but closing the jaw is a little more difficult. I broke the whole skull down into separate components and trimmed the "pneumatic actuation cylinders" on both sides of the mouth so it would close.

I love what you did with the eyes and the terrible black paint. I think I will do the same. The endo skull is by no means accurate (not Arnie's teeth, missing the square divit on the upper left side of the skull, wrong nose), but I got mine for cheap off ebay, and it seems easier to turn into a rod and wire actuated puppet than any of the other versions available (especially the resin ones from China). I'm also going to replace the crappy plastic "hoses" with stainless steel brake lines, and fix the nose as well (I really like what you did there).

Glad to see someone else has taken it upon themselves to fix one. They are a decent piece, but are by no means "studio accurate".

Strong Work!!!

Wish I had seen this teardown and rebuild before I started my puppet version for my Terminator film. One thing that drove me crazy from the get go was the open jaw and horrible teeth. The stock teeth will work, but closing the jaw is a little more difficult. I broke the whole skull into separate components and trimmed the "pneumatic actuation cylinders" on both sides of the mouth so it would close.

I love what you did with the eyes and the terrible black paint. I think I will do the same. The endo skull is by no means accurate (not Arnie's teeth, missing the square divit on the upper left side of the skull, wrong nose), but I got mine for cheap off ebay, and it seems easier to turn into a rod and wire actuated puppet than any of the other versions available (especially the resin ones from China). I'm also going to replace the crappy plastic "hoses" with stainless steel brake lines, and fix the nose as well (I really like what you did there).

Glad to see someone else has taken it upon themselves to fix one. They are a decent piece, but are by no means "studio accurate".

Strong Work!!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back