The Whisperer in Darkness

Demoriel

In 2010 i worked doing miniatures on the indie film The Whisperer in Darkness for the HP Lovecraft Historical Society. The film is based on the HP Lovecraft story.

Here are some unseen photos of a few of the miniatures in the film.

MiniatureObservatory2.jpg
trees2.jpg
vermont9.jpg
vermont7.jpg

I don't know if you also did the miniature effects for The Call of Cthulhu, but if you did, I would like to say that I throughly enjoyed the short and the miniature effects in that were awesome. If not, please pass that on to the other members of the HP Lovecraft Historical Society.

I haven't seen The Whisperer in the Darkness yet. But from the pictures, they look awesome. That forrest one is freakin' huge and quite impressive. I'm glad to see that there are those who still believe in old-school methods in this day and age of CG. :D

I don't know if you also did the miniature effects for The Call of Cthulhu, but if you did, I would like to say that I throughly enjoyed the short and the miniature effects in that were awesome. If not, please pass that on to the other members of the HP Lovecraft Historical Society.

I haven't seen The Whisperer in the Darkness yet. But from the pictures, they look awesome. That forrest one is freakin' huge and quite impressive. I'm glad to see that there are those who still believe in old-school methods in this day and age of CG. :D

I did not work on call of Cthulhu, however, there are a few recycled miniatures i altered from that film in whisperer(hard to see them inside the cave scene) I'll pass along your kind words, thanks!

I just ran across a very cool link with frame grabs from the film here!
The Whisperer in Darkness Blu-ray - Barry Lynch

Last edited:
Your miniatures rock! I loved the HPLHS's Call of Cthulhu and I can't wait to pick up Whisperer. One of my favorites stories. Again, brilliant work!

So what was recycled in the cave? Parts of R'lyeh?

-MJ

There were 2 16" bodies hanging upside down in Call of Cthulhu. I took those and added a few "mad scientist" looking attachments like hoses and mouth breathing devices. Andrew put one inside a large glass cylinder, filled it with water and tiny brine shrimp, i decorated the base on it with gauges and stuff. It looked really cool, but cant see it too well in the film.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back