The Wand Company TOS Tricorder is coming!

I sent them my daily email at 12:49 pm, MST and reminded them of who I am and to make sure that they don’t forget me and not to give my Tricorder to anyone else.

It has been exactly 6 hours and I keep refreshing my inbox and see no response from them.

It’s 1:53am in the UK. You sent your email after their business hours.

Look at all the fuss the wait is generating...just on this thread alone. I think the added wait will just wet the appetites of all fanboys even more!

If this Tricorder matches the quality of the communicator and phaser, we can certainly expect something of EXTREME HIGH QUALITY! :)

If you have the financial resources and are a true Trek or Scifi/fantasy/cinema fan, one would be a fool to miss out on this opportunity! :)

Hell yeah! ….I’ll drink to that….and then some….now where’s the pisser? I gotta make room for more Saurian hooch. I hope there’s a poop deck on my ship…. I can’t remember and I can’t wait.

Get that Tricorder done….TWC…datz an order!

ezgif.com-gif-maker 80.gif

Peace

Last edited:
It’s 1:53am in the UK. You sent your email after their business hours.
Don’t they have 24 hour customer service??

I mean, it’s “me”. I have given them my name; they know who I am and they know I want to make sure that they haven’t forgotten me.

Does this mean they’ve forgotten me? Have I lost my place in line? Have they given my Tricorder to someone they felt was more interested in the Tricorder than me?

Sent an email to TWC earlier stating nobody was more interested than I was. Received a reply shortly after saying I was now at the front of the line!! Yeah!!!

Here's what they replied!

"Dear Pepperbone,

Thank you for your interest in the Star Trek Tricorder. You are clearly the most interested, therefore you are now at the front of the line. You'll get an advanced email once the Tricorder is ready to ship.

Stay safe, and may the Force be with You.

Regards,

TWC Customer Service."

Sent an email to TWC earlier stating nobody was more interested than I was. Received a reply shortly after saying I was now at the front of the line!! Yeah!!!

Here's what they replied!

"Dear Pepperbone,

Thank you for your interest in the Star Trek Tricorder. You are clearly the most interested, therefore you are now at the front of the line. You'll get an advanced email once the Tricorder is ready to ship.

Stay safe, and may the Force be with You.

Regards,

TWC Customer Service."
D59EB87E-E90E-4BB1-8ED9-E4B856D6670D.jpeg

Let’s examine if the vaporware Registration of Interest Certificate is worth the 1’ and 0’s it’s keyed on.

The Certificate I received is numbered TC-1460## (I’m choosing not to show the last 2 numerals)

So, is that to say the Certificate to individual interested parties are well over 100,000?

Are the Certificates numbered sequentially since the first one was given such as TC-000001, TC-000002 and so on?

If true, then you have to think The Wand Company has enough capital to manufacture a run of potentially 200,000 tricorder units worldwide. Does this seem doable, in reality? Would they be able to meet such a commitment?

If so, would sales be direct and sole sourced to the TWC website…since how else would any other retailer honor the TWC Registration of Interest Certificate? Otherwise, the Certificate would be worthless to have in the first place if you can’t use it anywhere else.

Given the Certificate number I received…..I’m way in the back south 40. Sure they’ll be a percentage of individuals that probably have or will give up….but if it’s a small percentage…then what are the odds of still getting one?

It would suck if they can’t meet a large production run…..and they then decide there’s has to be a cutoff in the Registration numbers early on in the numbers count issued, due to over-interest (selling) and insufficient under-production abilities.

This is all assuming that the Certificate is actually a placeholder in a sequential numerical virtual line to buy the tricorder.

One thing is certain….IF..,these TC-#’s are indicative of over 100,000 individuals wanting to buy this Tricorder, then I submit that it won’t be a true “Limited Edition” IF it is to be sold as such, and it won’t have high value as a collectible … those are usually for small production runs…..imo. At over 100,000 or possibly 200,000 units by the time they are released ….this Tricorder will be a dime a dozen, so to speak.

The alternative to all of this is that the Certificate number issued, ex..TC-######, is just some random number generator outputing meaningless sets, of strings, of 6 digit numbers for the sake that it means something “official” seen on a Certificate, but in reality means nothing……other than a visual, “nice to have”, suitable for printing and framing to hang on your wall. Much like some do with their Props “Certificate of Authenticity”.

IMO….TWC should just have had traditional Pre-Sale or Pre-Order until Sold Out for a feasible production run, set quantity. This Registration of Interest Certificate idea is looking more like a Carrot on a Stick approach.

Finally….. it could be that the TC-# is not representative priority of where you are on, on a sequential virtual line to buy… but instead it’s like a coupon code at checkout when buying something online. Which means it’s first come first served as long as you input the Certificate TC-# you was issued. So then….no TC-# to input at checkout…no tricorder. While supplies last…..When there sold out, there sold out….even if you have a TC-# but slow to make a decision to buy immediately, once released for sale.

This makes more sense for TWC marketing and promotional traceability purposes. In this case, it’s possible to have a smaller “Limited Edition” production run. For example 1000 to 10000 Tricorder units…or even less.

Just some thoughts…

Peace

Last edited:
Charlotte Pegrum (The Wand Company)

Jul 29, 2022, 11:37 GMT+1

Hi Nick,

Thanks so much for your email. I hope you are well.

At the moment, we still haven't confirmed an exact release date but as soon as we have one we will let everyone know via the updates and our Socials.

We hope to have more information to share with everyone soon and as soon as we do, we promise we'll update you.

Kindest
Charlotte

Last edited:
Most small business don't make updating web site copyright dates a priority, especially if they don't really have any IP. A good friend told me they typically skip trade shows if they have little or no new products or enhancements because of the expense - so probably same with ComicCon attendance. Then add the state of the economy, added expense of getting there, and expected lower attendance.

Let’s examine if the vaporware Registration of Interest Certificate is worth the 1’ and 0’s it’s keyed on.

The Certificate I received is numbered TR-1460## (I’m choosing not to show the last 2 numerals)

So, is that to say the Certificate to individual interested parties are well over 100,000?

Are the Certificates numbered sequentially since the first one was given such as TR-000001, TR-000002 and so on?

If true, then you have to think The Wand Company has enough capital to manufacture a run of potentially 200,000 tricorder units worldwide. Does this seem doable, in reality? Would they be able to meet such a commitment?

If so, would sales be direct and sole sourced to the TWC website…since how else would any other retailer honor the TWC Registration of Interest Certificate? Otherwise, the Certificate would be worthless to have in the first place if you can’t use it anywhere else.

Given the Certificate number I received…..I’m way in the back south 40. Sure they’ll be a percentage of individuals that probably have or will give up….but if it’s a small percentage…then what are the odds of still getting one?

It would suck if they can’t meet a large production run…..and they then decide there’s has to be a cutoff in the Registration numbers early on in the numbers count issued, due to over-interest (selling) and insufficient under-production abilities.

This is all assuming that the Certificate is actually a placeholder in a sequential numerical virtual line to buy the tricorder.

One thing is certain….IF..,these TR-#’s are indicative of over 100,000 individuals wanting to buy this Tricorder, then I submit that it won’t be a true “Limited Edition” IF it is to be sold as such, and it won’t have high value as a collectible … those are usually for small production runs…..imo. At over 100,000 or possibly 200,000 units by the time they are released ….this Tricorder will be a dime a dozen, so to speak.

The alternative to all of this is that the Certificate number issued, ex..TR-######, is just some random number generator outputing meaningless sets, of strings, of 6 digit numbers for the sake that it means something “official” seen on a Certificate, but in reality means nothing……other than a visual, “nice to have”, suitable for printing and framing to hang on your wall. Much like some do with their Props “Certificate of Authenticity”.

Peace

Weren't Kirk's STARDATE logs just made up, or out of order? I seem to recall something like that.

Weren't Kirk's STARDATE logs just made up, or out of order? I seem to recall something like that.

I can’t tell if there is a simple answer…..but at the link below is all you’ll ever want to know about Stardates for log’s…etc. Kirk’s TOS and other series concerning Stardate’s is peppered in this read…

STARDATE

Good Luck
Peace

I wonder if TWC’s Tricorder will incorporate multiple “disciplines” screens of their own layouts, to cycle through within the single Tricorder to be sold, since it’s using an active lcd display screen.

DST did it statically for 3 separate Tricorders ex.. Geological, Science, Medical
(all 3 are in my collection)

D7C60B2A-98C8-4A27-ADCC-BB88BE138588.jpeg

Peace

I wonder if TWC’s Tricorder will incorporate multiple “disciplines” screens of their own layouts, to cycle through within the single Tricorder to be sold, since it’s using an active lcd display screen.

DST did it statically for 3 separate Tricorders ex.. Geological, Science, Medical
(all 3 are in my collection)

View attachment 1602943

Peace
I've got all three also ! Also a JK Tric !
Waiting patiently for the Wand Company !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back