The Walking Dead Season 3

How about add Zombie animals?? i mean if the virus that turns people is air borne. why hasnt it changed animals as well?? go deal with a pack of zombie wolfs / wild dogs. Dingo ate your baby...Rick.

What would it even matter if they replaced slow moving animals to the slow moving humans? It literally adds nothing to the show and I'd stop watching if they did something as stupid as that. That was one of the reasons that made the movie Zombie Apocalypse go from cheesy and barely watchable to almost entirely unwatchable was making stupid zombie dogs and tigers.

I think the thing I'm getting tired of is how easy they have it in the show. I want them to run out of food and have to scavenge for it. I want Rick to walk around for a season with only 3 rounds in his python and him having to be extremely careful what he uses them on. To find a single bullet in a house with a calibre they may not even need meaning Christmas to them. Stuff like that. So far everything is convinient for them. Hell, in the walking dead game everyone in your group is slowly starving to death and you have to decide who gets the food that day and there's not enough for everyone.

I know its based off the comic, but they moved so much away from the comic it could written off a box of cereal by now.

I just saying they need some horror back in it. Its a show about the horrors of this new world. Not a action movie nor a soap opera with zombies dancers. If they dont want to use the zombies than stop trying to sell everything with a zombie on it. Zombies sell, so give it a little more scare tactic effects. Yes, I love a good story and want some inner problems in the group too.

The Governor was a tool...He assumed leadership, but lacked any understanding of tactics, was unsocial, and made wildly erratic decisions that harmed others. Anyone that came into his area was killed because they posed a threat, not to his town, but to his misconceived idea of leadership.

Rick removed himself from the group when he lost it and stands by his convictions. I'd rather have that than a false sense of security.

I agree that the Gov was a tool, however the watcher has a unique "God view" of the events. To the characters he was doing right by them. He made the town safe. They had food, water, medicine and electricity. By comparison, Rick's group is scrounging for food, doesn't have a potable water source, living in a decaying prison and defecating outside.

My use of Woodbury as an example is because history has shown us that small towns and neighborhoods will defend themselves independent of any larger government security force. Whether its during riots or warfare, smaller groups of people will section themselves off from the greater population and fight off any intruder.

Season 2 and 3 plot lines were basically the same with just a change of location. Rather than Rick's group actually improving their living conditions, setting up defenses, and harding vehicles for recon missions they got into stupid squabbles, keep storming off like spoiled children and wasted time doing who knows what. S2 it was a herd that highlighted their ignorance and S3 it was the Gov ... Rick's group continued to be petty, stupid and weak, and they paid for time and again with the lives of their friends and family.

When it comes to taking care of their people until the final battle ... the Gov wins hands down.

Just got back from lunch at Farmer's Market here in Hollywood, and Scott Wilson was at the table next to us, still sporting the long hair and beard.

We left him alone to eat, of course, but the poor guy was just swamped with tourists wanting to take pictures with him. I don't even think most of the fans knew his name, sadly. I just heard a lot of "Dude, there's Herschel!" and "OMG, Herschel's leg grew back!".

Rick removed himself from the group when he lost it and stands by his convictions. I'd rather have that than a false sense of security.

It was closer to him issuing the occasional order and then running off to catch his hallucination of a wife. The main difference between him and the governor is that he had people who saw what qas hapoening and trying to pull him back.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

How about add Zombie animals?? i mean if the virus that turns people is air borne. why hasnt it changed animals as well?? go deal with a pack of zombie wolfs / wild dogs. Dingo ate your baby...Rick.

They never fully explained what's causing the reanimation of the dead. Not every human virus affects animals and vice versa. Also, it could be a combination of food borne chemicals, preservatives, and a lab created super virus ... We'll never know the details just that everyone is already infected.

Although we are like 98% genetically similar to apes ... Maybe some zombie chimps eating all the bananas. :lol Come to think of it would vegans become flesh eaters or could you use them to keep your lawn trim, kinda like having goats.

One final thought, do zombies poop? :facepalm

They never fully explained what's causing the reanimation of the dead. Not every human virus affects animals and vice versa. Also, it could be a combination of food borne chemicals, preservatives, and a lab created super virus ... We'll never know the details just that everyone is already infected.

Although we are like 98% genetically similar to apes ... Maybe some zombie chimps eating all the bananas. :lol Come to think of it would vegans become flesh eaters or could you use them to keep your lawn trim, kinda like having goats.

One final thought, do zombies poop? :facepalm

The writers, I think will never explain it - unless they want to end the comic and the series together.

The way the pandemic outbreaks doesn't correlate completely with a virus or a bacteria in real life, scientifically spoken (yet we see the exchange of DNA of two entities, which "looks" like a bacteria, since viruses are 100x smaller). But as an possible explaination, which is scientifically real and could serve well in the statement Jenner made: a retroviral insertion of a DNA strand like the HIV virus that has mutated by outer circumstances by another virus (vectoring) that caused the outbreak in sleeper pockets like the bone marrow or brain cells, that means:

a certain virus stem of the class of ERV's, which was harmless, built it's DNA into our DNA - there have been lots of instances, that happend to the human race thousands of years ago every then and now, which is normal and could be detected in our genes. It does not necessarly outbreak, since mutations leading them to replication error.
Then something happend, within 2009/2010, another virus has merged with the harmless virus (as seen in 1x6) and voilá we got the zombie virus.

Healing would be very hard, since you need so called "Zinc-sissors" to cut the DNA strand of the virus. Or a gene therapy, with modified stem cells, with zinc-scissor, that can cut the viral strand. Or a virus scissor, that specially targets to the virus and recycles them.

I don't want to know how they poop… :darnkids

No...watch Lori in episode after season 3 mid season finale...:sick:sick
Oh please… :facepalm

Personally I thought season was quite weak and slow moving in places but I enjoyed other parts. I was very disappointed in the ending, not sure what the point of it was. I read that the next Season is supposed to be the best of them all so yeah I'm looking forward to it :)

Emma

Yeah I was like a kid on christmas getting this all set up. You really do fill the tanks with water (although can work without). The storage space for the S3 discs is a bit awkward, but doesn't bother me that much. Definitely worth the $94 ... Especially when it'll be $250+ 6-months from now like all the other LE sets.

Hey guys. I came to this series rather late. I watched the first three episodes of season one when it premiered, then had a baby, and well, didn't quite have the time I used to.

The Mrs. and I have now finished catching up and finished season three last night. Holy cow.

The Governor is one heck of great "bad guy" character. If she could have, my wife would have jumped through the screen to get to him. Bad dude. One of the great TV villains.

And am I crazy or was season three much bloodier and icky than the other seasons? I had to look away at some scenes. Icky icky icky.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back