The Walking Dead Season 3

I love me some Walking Dead! T-Dog started getting some good lines then BANG! dead. That's great, it made me like him, then quickly pulled the rug from under me!

I read the spoilers - and then had to hear them again it on the radio on the way to work before I could watch the episode. So I was very aware of what happened in the episode. I've also been pretty apathetic about this season of Walking Dead so far... I don't know if there's just too much going on, too many characters or what - season 3 just hasn't clicked for me.

I was very impressed with how they handled the aftermath of Lori's death. Andrew Lincoln gave a brilliant performance and it was very strong moment. I was less impressed with the actress playing Lori and the actor playing Carl had some strong moments, too.

Was pretty sad how they basically exchanged a black character for another black character as they did. Seems very contrived... we killed T-Dog so we have to replace him with another black character. God forbid they have more than one black character in Rick's group.

There are a few other bits I wish were different. Merle's status in Woodbury seems rushed, Herschel's leg is just silly, the Governor's crush on Andrea...

For everyone saying that Lori might not be dead or you didn't see her get shot by Carl, etc......

Don't hold your breath, she's dead. They did that to make the scene more powerful/emotional. You might see her in a flashback but even that is very unlikely. But there will be no zombie Lori

Also just to give you an idea of filming. This episode finished filming last June, I think its pretty funny all the interviews that Sarah Wayne Callies did at SDCC and she was already done with the show.

That is unless...

Rick dreams of a zombie Lori, like how he did in the comic. In fact, there's also the possibility of him hallucinating talking to her on the phone (also in the comic), or even hallucinating her much like how Daryl hallucinated Merle.

That is unless...

Rick dreams of a zombie Lori, like how he did in the comic. In fact, there's also the possibility of him hallucinating talking to her on the phone (also in the comic), or even hallucinating her much like how Daryl hallucinated Merle.

True, but I'm going off of strictly the show and what has been filmed so far. Hell for that matter, then you can say Dale will be in the show again.

True, but I'm going off of strictly the show and what has been filmed so far. Hell for that matter, then you can say Dale will be in the show again.

True, but the comics and the show has had some overlaps, though slightly different. The fact of the matter is,

We don't know how much Lori's death will affect him in the show. Him slowly losing his mind seems more likely in any medium or version of the story told. If anything, the only thing that hasn't changed between the comics and the show are the themes, and hallucinations (which is one of the themes that has come up more than once throughout the comics) has already been established with "Daryl Dixon's Bad Day" (Chupcabra in Season 2).

But I agree, it's hard to say what will come up and what won't at this point.

For everyone saying that Lori might not be dead or you didn't see her get shot by Carl, etc......

Don't hold your breath, she's dead. They did that to make the scene more powerful/emotional. You might see her in a flashback but even that is very unlikely. But there will be no zombie Lori

Kinda glad, actually.

True, but the comics and the show has had some overlaps, though slightly different. The fact of the matter is,

We don't know how much Lori's death will affect him in the show. Him slowly losing his mind seems more likely in any medium or version of the story told. If anything, the only thing that hasn't changed between the comics and the show are the themes, and hallucinations (which is one of the themes that has come up more than once throughout the comics) has already been established with "Daryl Dixon's Bad Day" (Chupcabra in Season 2).

But I agree, it's hard to say what will come up and what won't at this point.

I get what you are saying, but...
The actress who played Lori, Sarah Wayne Callies, will not be on the show at least through the season finale. Next season could they have Rick talking to her on the phone, sure, but the only way she'll be back is in a flashback scene and I wouldn't hold your breath on that either. I can only confirm or not confirm on what has already been filmed or is still currently filming not, what goes on in the writers room.

Last edited:
The comic and series parallels seem to narrow and widen quite a bit, Lori's death was quite tame in the series compared to the comics, but i am really looking forward to the governors character playing out, if his and michones relationship is anything like the comics there is one hell of a tough ride ahead!

Zombie Lori would definitely be a let down.

I agree. I think Carl actually put one in her head. On an emotional level, it works so much better that way. For him not to do so would basically negate what Lori said before she died about to do what is right.

The flashback Carl had when Rick told him in the barn about how everyone dies would be a mute point. I think the point of that was that Carl was thinking this through and knew he had to do what needed to be done.

Shooting Lori is Carl's "coming of age" moment.

I'm not sure if it's David Morrissey's British accent or what... but, the Governor's accent is definitely not an easy one for me to listen to. It doesn't sound southern to me at all, nor does it sound British.

Just what is the actor doing here? I'm not sure... but it just irritates me at times.

He does remind me a bit of Liam Neeson, he could pass as Liam's younger brother lookswise and at times it's like I hear a bit of what Liam does in The Phantom Menace, but in a highly exagerrated, droning way.

I'm not sure if it's David Morrissey's British accent or what... but, the Governor's accent is definitely not an easy one for me to listen to. It doesn't sound southern to me at all, nor does it sound British.

Just what is the actor doing here? I'm not sure... but it just irritates me at times.

He does remind me a bit of Liam Neeson, he could pass as Liam's younger brother lookswise and at times it's like I hear a bit of what Liam does in The Phantom Menace, but in a highly exagerrated, droning way.

I said the exact same thing! Possibly the same vocal coach?

I listen to his voice and he sounds like he's trying to do a bad Elvis impersonation while at the same time trying NOT to sound quite like Elvis.

Here's a quick spoiler from the next episode "Say the word"

It starts off with the Governor...
putting Penny, his daughter to bed
bfm3w9.jpg

Tomorrow Ill write up the outline for the whole episode

CORRECT A MUNDO.
The character has zero depth and a single facial expression. Again, as always, what may work in a comic may not transfer to moving pictures. Sword Girl is a prime example. Just a waste of screen time.

With you. Didn't like her in the comics... hate her in the show.

The sad thing is, when they had the actress on Talking Dead, she seemed really cool... such a shame she has been reduced to a one dimensional stereotype.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back