The Walking Dead Season 3

Well it's that time of the week for this Sundays spoilers. I'll break it down in parts.

*Disclaimer - I'm about 98% sure on these, although 2 parts contradict what I was told earlier from the set. Once I get 100% confirmation Ill update this post.

The scene where Glenn is digging graves....
He digs 3 graves with Axel and Oscar, the graves are for Lori, T-Dogg, and Carol

Regarding if Andrea and Michonne leave Woodbury....
Only Michonne does, after Andrea has a falling out with Michonne

Status of Lori....
Rick finds the spot where she died, but she isn't she there. She has dragged herself across the room. Rick puts her down.

Plot from the comics that will be in the show...
The episode ends with a phone ringing and Rick answers it ;)

Fate of Carol.....
You'll have to wait for episode 6 for that

Rundown of Episode 5
Woodbury
Starts off with people celebrating in Woodbury. You see the Gov brushing Penny's hair and a big chunk falls out, so he puts her to bed (which is a sack over her head and stuffing her in a closet).

Michonne steals her sword back from the Gov by sneaking in to his house and starts reading his diary and almost gets caught when the Gov, Merle, and Milton come in. From there she finds the arena and releases a few zombies to practice on. She gets caught by the "zookeeper" and he brings her back to the Gov. This is the scene in the trailer where the Gov is talking to Michonne and she takes her sword back again. Michonne can't convince Andrea to leave so Michonne leaves by herself. Merle lets her out the front gate. That same night Merle and a few others fight in the arena to get practice. The men aren't in any danger, the teeth of the zombies have been removed so they can't bite.

Prison - story line
Darly steps up and goes with Maggie to find some baby forumla. Rick is slowly going crazy and goes on a one man killing spree into the prison. Glenn, Axel, and Oscar dig 3 graves (for Carol, T-Dogg, and Lori). Glenn tries and find Rick, but Rick is still losing it and almost roughs up Glenn. Daryle & Maggie find some formula, and Daryle feeds her while giving her the nickname "little ass kicker". Darly sees the empty grave for Carol and places a cherokee rose on her grave.

Rick finally finds the spot where Lori died, but she isn't exactly there, she has crawled across the room. Rick, while still going mad, puts the gun in her mouth and pulls the trigger then gets all stabby on her. The episode ends, with Rick getting a phone call ;)

Status of Lori....
Rick finds the spot where she died, but she isn't she there. She has dragged herself across the room. Rick puts her down.
If ^THAT^ is true, then I guess:

Carl didn't really "finish the job" to prevent her from turning, like the episode implied?

CORRECT A MUNDO.
The character has zero depth and a single facial expression. Again, as always, what may work in a comic may not transfer to moving pictures. Sword Girl is a prime example. Just a waste of screen time.

Have patience. You have no idea why she is the way she is. If her back story follows the comics she does become an interesting character

Ok so even though I love this show and S3 has been an emotional rollercoaster worthy of great TV, I have to wonder what the writers are thinking.

Now I'm no doctor (I just play one :lol) but wouldn't the stress and malnutrition have caused Lori's body to abort the pregnancy long ago? I get that the baby represents hope of a future, but in this environment survival should be more important than procreation. So my, probably unpopular, opinion is that they should've ended the pregnancy long ago.

As far as Lori, I would've like to have seen her make more of an effort to be a good wife/mother before dying. She died a martyr, but I don't feel she deserved it. Glad to see her gone; she was an awful person from the start.

Side note: I've heard that some woman with strong enough maternal feelings can start lactating without being pregnant. I'm sure they won't address this on the show, but otherwise how the heck are they going to feed the baby? Not to mention all the other required cleaning and care?

Michonne's only redeeming characteristic is her apparent ability to survive. She kept Andrea alive all winter and sees threw the Governor's BS. Otherwise she really hasn't added anything to the show.

I had such hope for Andrea as S2 progressed. She was finally toughening up despite a complete inability to follow orders. I really expected S3 to show a new battle-hardened Andrea. Instead she's acting like a starry-eyed teenager.

Pretty much what I expected from Andrea goes for T-dawg. I really hoped to see him become someone the group relied upon. He got a good warrior's death, but his character should've been able to survive better by now. I was disappointed to see him go.

Michonne reminds me of Agent 355 from Y the last man. Not because they are both African american or are women or have dreads or use weapons or just seem cold....or...hmmmm nvm

Awesome, Mirror! I was curious just how much of the comics would spill over into this season. Really enjoying this show, and I'm looking ahead picturing Negan allready!

Ok so even though I love this show and S3 has been an emotional rollercoaster worthy of great TV, I have to wonder what the writers are thinking.

Side note: I've heard that some woman with strong enough maternal feelings can start lactating without being pregnant. I'm sure they won't address this on the show, but otherwise how the heck are they going to feed the baby? Not to mention all the other required cleaning and care?

I'm pretty sure that's a fact about the lactating and Glen and Maggie will become the babysitters...or maybe lady that lost her daughter...(I know, terrible I still don't know her name:lol)

And won't powdered formula be good? Just add water...

Here's a quick spoiler for Episode 6 regarding what happens at the end of Episode 5...

At the end of the episode, there is a phone ringing....in episode 6 "Hounded". The woman tells him that she is in a safe place away from zombies. Rick asks her where exactly but she ends the conversation. Later on in the episode Rick gets another call, this time from a male. Rick tells the person that he is with a group of survivors and has a son and a new born and that his wife died. The man asks how she died, but Rick doesnt want to tell him so the man ends the conversation.

If you want to know who the people were....
The female is Amy, and the man is Jim. I'm not sure if they actually say their names, but that is what was in the script

Also, once Episode 5 airs, Ill post the next weeks spoilers,...it's starting to get good ;)

I'm pretty sure that's a fact about the lactating and Glen and Maggie will become the babysitters...or maybe lady that lost her daughter...(I know, terrible I still don't know her name:lol)

And won't powdered formula be good? Just add water...

The lady that lost her daughter is Carol and she's currently MIA.

As for baby powder, I'm sure it doesn't go bad or takes a long, long while to go bad but the problem will be finding some. It's not like you're going to find any in the prison infirmary and town runs are always a risky thing. On the bright side, if they do find somewhere with formula they'll probably be able to stock up on enough until the baby is old enough to eat solid foods, I can't imagine baby formula being high up on any looter's list of things to loot.

I could see them using Carol for the baby milk part seeing as she is a mother. Then as she does the breast feeding thing, she starts to see herself as the babies actual mother and Ricks wife. Kind of a similar scenario to the comics.

I was kinda hoping for this to come out.

picture.php

I can't imagine baby formula being high up on any looter's list of things to loot.

Actually, its really high in nutrients (for obvious reasons) much like Ensure. It should be highly sought after for its life sustaining ability. Same with that can of dog food Rick threw away.

I could see them using Carol for the baby milk part seeing as she is a mother. Then as she does the breast feeding thing, she starts to see herself as the babies actual mother and Ricks wife. Kind of a similar scenario to the comics.

I don't read comics, but that scenario seems likely. Did Carol run away in the comics too?

I don't read comics, but that scenario seems likely. Did Carol run away in the comics too?

Like Gary said, she becomes really crazy and after a failed three way love triangle attempt she decides to become friends with the zombies since they "understand" her.

Click the tag to see the comic of what happens to her

She ends up feeding herself to the zombies

Carole-Full-620x356.jpg

Carols_death.jpg

Haven't read any of this thread as I just started watching season 1 on Netflix, but I like what I've seen so far! Only reason I waited this long was just in case it was canceled after season one...

Well I just finished the 2nd season on Netflix, and I'll be catching up on the first few episodes of season 3 this weekend. Love the show so far though!

Actually, its really high in nutrients (for obvious reasons) much like Ensure. It should be highly sought after for its life sustaining ability. Same with that can of dog food Rick threw away.

But I don't think that most people would think baby formula = high in nutrients = great survival food.

Another option would be to find a pregnant goat, I've heard that goat's milk is very close to human milk. Of course the odds of finding formula are a lot better than finding a pregnant goat.

What about the pregnant chick in Woodbury? I could see a scenario playing out I'f our group get captured or joins them where she could also be a surrogate for the baby.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back