The Walking Dead Season 3

I sadly saw the T-Dog thing coming. They've been giving him less and less things to do over the last season and such.

Sad he became Event Fodder, like some sort of Teen Titans character : /

Comic Spoiler -

In the Comic, the Governer and his troops eventually overrun the prison, along with a horde of walkers. Lori, running with the baby in her arms, is killed by a sniper, who's bullet hits them both. Basically only Michonne, Andrea, Carl, Rick, and a couple others Not in the tv series escape. From this Carl gets even colder, as Rick fighting with his own humanity, tries to bring Carl back to some semblance of normalcy. I like the spin the TV show puts on it though, both the comic and TV show have their strong and weak points. It's like observing 2 dark dimensions, and weighing the merits and detractions of each.

You just hate the sword girl with a passion hahahahaha

CORRECT A MUNDO.
The character has zero depth and a single facial expression. Again, as always, what may work in a comic may not transfer to moving pictures. Sword Girl is a prime example. Just a waste of screen time.

I think she's playing the comic character to a T. In the comics she could be happy as sunshine and still look and sound like a *****.

They are certainly pulling out all stops this season. Very moving episode. We have just started this season, and already We have had more happen than the last two combined.

Bravo.

I'll miss my boy T though :(. I really had hoped they were going to develop his character and keep him around longer. Still, he went out a hero.

I'll miss my boy T though :(. I really had hoped they were going to develop his character and keep him around longer. Still, he went out a hero.

Same here. I was really thinking he was going to move from the bottom list of character to the top this season.

heres something........ maybe lori isnt dead. we dont actually see carl shoot her, maybe carl shot the groud/wall. he just couldnt go thru with it. maybe rick finds her alive in the next episode.

I thought the same thing about Lori's choice being stupid. Then talking to my sister today, who has had two c sections, she said that when there's a problem with the baby like that (where the mom is already bleeding a lot) that it was probably something where it was either her or the baby, not either or.

Anyone watch the talking dead?

They playfully said it could be cool to see t-dawg again in a flashback episode where the original group comes together. Man that would be sweet. They need more episodes of when the pandemic starts. Or maybe even a miniseries of the beginning (sort of a prequal)!!!

Anyone watch the talking dead?

They playfully said it could be cool to see t-dawg again in a flashback episode where the original group comes together. Man that would be sweet. They need more episodes of when the pandemic starts. Or maybe even a miniseries of the beginning (sort of a prequal)!!!

Hey, they brought back Carol's abusive husband for a flashback. T-Dog showing up in a flashback is possible. :)

I was surprised that they kept T-Dogg around as long as they did as I figured he would be zombie chow during the farm exit. When the series started I also thought he was going to be the "Tyreese" of the comics but that never happened either. He always was a background character and it didn't hurt my feelings to see him go at all.

I hated Lori and have been rooting for her to be killed off since the first few eipsodes but how it happened still brought a tear to my eye. Not lying there. Probably ties in to loosing my Mom a year ago etc but it still worked for me on an emotional level.

I understand killing T-Dog. Kirkman has made a habit of killing characters once you really start to like them. That doesn't explain killing Lori though.

In any case, I have to say I'm REALLY concerned they're starting to drift from the comics again. When they did that last time, we got Sophia's search.

I think the T-Dog death was a distraction to make us think Lori would make it. Where else have they ever offed 2 main characters in 1 episode? I don't think anyone expected Lori to die after T-Dog did.

I wasn't phased at all by Lori's death. I hate it when storylines have the obligatory pregnant woman in it to add extra problems for all of the other characters but the baby is going to be a big problem and probably either tiresome or conveniently absent most of the time like Dexter's kid.
I did notice how the old man (forgot his name) took his first steps with one leg and to avoid problematic physical or CGI effects, his missing limb was conspicuously and conveniently out of frame most of the time. Made me laugh.
Loving the season though and don't want it to come to an end.
Am I the only one that thinks the Governor sounds exactly like Liam Neeson?

I haven't read the comics, but at this rate, when Carl grows up, he is going to be one cold mean difficult individual. Walking Dead TNG! lol

I think the T-Dog death was a distraction to make us think Lori would make it. Where else have they ever offed 2 main characters in 1 episode? I don't think anyone expected Lori to die after T-Dog did.

My brother very confidently told me Lorie would make it. Should have seen his face... :lol

That said, it's an old comic trope that nobody's dead until you see the body, and we never saw hers, so I'd put it at better than even odds she's not dead yet.

For everyone saying that Lori might not be dead or you didn't see her get shot by Carl, etc......

Don't hold your breath, she's dead. They did that to make the scene more powerful/emotional. You might see her in a flashback but even that is very unlikely. But there will be no zombie Lori

Also just to give you an idea of filming. This episode finished filming last June, I think its pretty funny all the interviews that Sarah Wayne Callies did at SDCC and she was already done with the show.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back