The Umbrella Academy

It looks better than the first season.

There were too many instances in the first season where they survived, or something happened just because, if it didn't, the whole story was over.

The bad guys were also annoying. a villain that we could watch die, that just comes back with really loose explanations got old.

But I'll have to ultimately just see how far I can watch through this one.

I mean, "critter in a jar" has certainly been done before.

Mega-mind had the fish sidekick in a jar, on a robot body. I like that they're going outside the bounds of normal looking people as the villains; with the pale assassins, and the fish tank guy. Something about the lady in the last season just wasn't the right casting to me. The made the character annoying, not scary or overly competent seeming. character seemed kind of dumb to be honest.

I think Carmichael (fish bowl) is based off of their pervious character from hell boy johann kraus

Who was the guy who was made up of gas and needed a suit to contain himself

I'm not sure if this was a reference or just coincidence but did anyone spot the nod to Full Metal Jacket?

When Cha-cha says "We get to travel and meet new people...and kill them." I thought of that as a nod to when Private Joker said "I've always wanted to meet people of an ancient and exotic culture...and kill them."

At least that was how I took it.

I'm pretty sure that saying pre-dates FMJ. That's not to say that it isn't, but it's also possible that it's just a coincidence.

Really excited for this to drop this weekend. I've been rewatching season 1 all week.
Here's the opening scene...shows more than the trailer.

I’ll have something to watch tonight then!
It's funny, but something occurred to me when I saw that you quoted me...

I was going to get up this morning & watch the series, but I had a prosthetic appointment at 11, so I decided to wait.

I just realized that my amputation surgery was on the day that season 1 premiered. Then today is the one year anniversary of getting my first prosthetic, then I had a checkup today.

Just weird how this show will be forever linked to these events in my life. I really don't know whether to be excited or worried if or when there's a season 3. :oops: :unsure: :lol:

It's funny, but something occurred to me when I saw that you quoted me...

I was going to get up this morning & watch the series, but I had a prosthetic appointment at 11, so I decided to wait.

I just realized that my amputation surgery was on the day that season 1 premiered. Then today is the one year anniversary of getting my first prosthetic, then I had a checkup today.

Just weird how this show will be forever linked to these events in my life. I really don't know whether to be excited or worried if or when there's a season 3. :oops: :unsure: :lol:

Sorry to hear about your amputation, I hope you had a good recovery.

I’m wicked disappointed with season 2...

Sorry to hear about your amputation, I hope you had a good recovery.

I’m wicked disappointed with season 2...
It's all good. It was completely my choice. I had a genetic bone issue in my foot that caused the bones to shift, then end up with an infection. I stayed either in a cast, on crutches, or in a wheelchair for the better part of a decade. I finally said enough is enough, I want my life back, so I met with my podiatrist & surgical team & said let's just get rid of the problem.

Best decision I've ever made. Been walking with no problems for a year now, & haven't looked back.

Derail over...

I just finished season 2, & I'm sorry you didn't like it. I've really enjoyed it. I think we've had similar tastes, (some SW not withstanding) so I'd like to hear what you've not enjoyed. IDK how to do spoiler tags, so I won't say anything too specific, but the only thing I've had a problem with is Vanya's relationship, & no, it's not for the reason most would think.

It's all good. It was completely my choice. I had a genetic bone issue in my foot that caused the bones to shift, then end up with an infection. I stayed either in a cast, on crutches, or in a wheelchair for the better part of a decade. I finally said enough is enough, I want my life back, so I met with my podiatrist & surgical team & said let's just get rid of the problem.

Best decision I've ever made. Been walking with no problems for a year now, & haven't looked back.

Derail over...

I just finished season 2, & I'm sorry you didn't like it. I've really enjoyed it. I think we've had similar tastes, (some SW not withstanding) so I'd like to hear what you've not enjoyed. IDK how to do spoiler tags, so I won't say anything too specific, but the only thing I've had a problem with is Vanya's relationship, & no, it's not for the reason most would think.

Awesome to hear it was done for the better! That’s great your back mobile

Yeah once it calms down and everyone posts their thoughts I’ll chime in

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back