The Ultimate Spider-man: Rise of a Hero (ASM Miles Morales Costume)

TheMikeGill

I was convinced/Inspired to try cosplay just for the hell of it by a couple of cosplayers Dahlia Thomas & Hanari Soloman definitely go check them out. I was originally just going to get a Miles Morales costume somewhere and call it a day, but the more i began to look into it the more i wanted to do something different that hasn't been done already and with a high quality. I'm also 6'3" and Miles is like 5'8" at his current age. So I decided that i wanted to do a Young Adult version of his character, but there was a lack of variety between the dye subs available. That's when i came across this photoshopped concept picture that I immediately fell in love with.
miles render.jpg
Shortly thereafter I came across 4neodesign's dye sub for this exact concept. Which I have purchased and gotten sized for my measurements. I won't postany High-Res pictures of it but here is what im working with.
http://www.4neodesigns.com/
dyesub1.jpg

I think i'm also going to go with this faceshell and lense combo just to keep something from the original suit.
Miles Faceshell.jpg
I was originally going to get the Puff Painting commissioned by the great El Fett who really does great work, but the more I think about it I actually want to do it because it would make me that much more proud of the final product. I might still get the emblems done in silicone by him just because I have no clue how to do that.
My Cosplaying Coworker Hanari Soloman will be sewing it up for me.

Not too sure what to do as far as Webshooters go any suggestions?
Same for Shoes as well but I know I'd like something with a cool black and red sole.
Am I Missing anything else not to sure this is my first cosplay ever any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated!

I'm unfamiliar with Morales' Web Shooters, I'd have to see pictures from his comics. For shoes, find an athletic shoe with black and red soles. There are multiple tutorials I can link to later but the gist is you separate the soles from the upper by heating the sole (and thus the glue) and prying it loose. From there, if you have a slim upper, you can re insert the upper into the costume, put your legs in, lather the bottom of the feet with adhesive and stand on the soles. In essence you'd have a sandwich consisting of shoe sole on the bottom, lycra spandex in between, shoe upper (located inside the feet of the suit).

I'm unfamiliar with Morales' Web Shooters, I'd have to see pictures from his comics. For shoes, find an athletic shoe with black and red soles. There are multiple tutorials I can link to later but the gist is you separate the soles from the upper by heating the sole (and thus the glue) and prying it loose. From there, if you have a slim upper, you can re insert the upper into the costume, put your legs in, lather the bottom of the feet with adhesive and stand on the soles. In essence you'd have a sandwich consisting of shoe sole on the bottom, lycra spandex in between, shoe upper (located inside the feet of the suit).

As far as web shooters are concerned his web shooters look like this
webshooters comic.png

I think its a little to bulky for the look i'm going for. I could get some ASM2 style ones 3d printed in black and detail it with red paint
Web Shooters.jpg

Thanks for the tip with the shoes I Saw some sweet looking asics that would work perfectly.

As far as web shooters are concerned his web shooters look like this
View attachment 452322

I think its a little to bulky for the look i'm going for. I could get some ASM2 style ones 3d printed in black and detail it with red paint
View attachment 452323

Thanks for the tip with the shoes I Saw some sweet looking asics that would work perfectly.
Do those go under the suit? If so I guess I'd say "What's the point?" but if you wore them externally it'd be pretty cool

Do those go under the suit? If so I guess I'd say "What's the point?" but if you wore them externally it'd be pretty cool
He wears his over the suit so i was planning on doing that as well. I Think the silver stands out too much from the costume itself to do the original shooters besides they're pretty bulky and this is supposed to be more of a Real world/Cinematic take on it as me and a friend of mine want to make this the costume we use for our short film.

Depends on your build. If you use a heat gun with 2mm sintra, you can have a flush shooter fit to your arm. Gun metal grey or semi flat black might work to keep it toned down.

Or a 3D modeler and printer can model it to your size and you can sand it and finishing it up. All up to you and want you want to pay. The use laellee makes great 3D models on commission for a fair price (you could probably get those modeled for $30-40)

Depends on your build. If you use a heat gun with 2mm sintra, you can have a flush shooter fit to your arm. Gun metal grey or semi flat black might work to keep it toned down.

Or a 3D modeler and printer can model it to your size and you can sand it and finishing it up. All up to you and want you want to pay. The use laellee makes great 3D models on commission for a fair price (you could probably get those modeled for $30-40)

Getting it through a 3d modeler seems like something I would definitely like to do. I also got the idea of maybe drawing up my own design and getting that modeled up as well. I'll just play around and see what i can come up with.

Any ideas on how to getting the Spider-emblem tackled? Still open to commisioning El Fett to do it, but if i can find out a good way to do it in house I'd like to Save money and time waiting since I'm already looking at about 400 dollars in materials. I was thinking maybe foam and wrappring in some kind of red vinyl not too sure.
dyesub2.jpg

You can use red puff paint for the spider if you want. I think this costume will be great!

I've seen some spider emblems done in puffy paint and I just don't like the results that come out of it. Nothing against people that use this method, but i personally wouldn't be satisfied with it.

Then the next best thing is to get a sheet of red silicone and cut it to match the chest spider. You should be able to get silicone sheets in 1-2mm thickness in grey red or black.

I purchased mine from McMaster-Carr. I ordered grey for my TASM2, but you would need red.

I do not know what exact color this red is because I haven't used it. I ordered the 12x12 sheet and got a nice spider out of it.

Here is just the Orange-Red in 1/16" 12x12
http://www.mcmaster.com/#5787t11/=we493l

Here is the link to the selections in case you want a larger sheet:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#silicone-rubber-sheets/=we483x

This is the one I ordered: (GRAY) and it worked very well.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#5781t11/=we498t

Note: This comes as an optional adhesive back. I would not order that one because I don't think it will stick to your suit. I would use a glue instead of trying to keep with the adhesive back.

I purchased mine from McMaster-Carr. I ordered grey for my TASM2, but you would need red.

I do not know what exact color this red is because I haven't used it. I ordered the 12x12 sheet and got a nice spider out of it.

Here is just the Orange-Red in 1/16" 12x12
http://www.mcmaster.com/#5787t11/=we493l

Here is the link to the selections in case you want a larger sheet:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#silicone-rubber-sheets/=we483x

This is the one I ordered: (GRAY) and it worked very well.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#5781t11/=we498t

Note: This comes as an optional adhesive back. I would not order that one because I don't think it will stick to your suit. I would use a glue instead of trying to keep with the adhesive back.
Awesome Thanks! I might as well just order some to see if it works it's only 15 bucks. So even if it doesn't I'm not taking a huge loss.

Just saw Into The Spiderverse and I'm diving back into this project 2 years later! Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get the Dye Sub Printed? That's the only info i'm lacking right now to get this ball rolling!

Just saw Into The Spiderverse and I'm diving back into this project 2 years later! Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get the Dye Sub Printed? That's the only info i'm lacking right now to get this ball rolling!
If your wanting to get it on colored fabric occasionally maffhewdc if hes not busy with school has access to do it, he can also do white fabric as well. If you want to get it sewn and on white fabric zentaizone works.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back