The ULTIMATE Freddy mask!

OldKen, It's silicone, no 'secret', that's why the price is high, and that's why it fits and moves so well.

AMAZING score CG, those pics look great. That's a killer costume right there

The nose is a bit big, but it is still the best silicone Freddy I've ever seen. my next step up would be to have one made on my own lifecast sculpted to look like Robert Englund in the Freddy makeup.

Can't believe this thread still exists!

Re: The ULTIMATE Freddy mask!

Silicone masks arent no new thing.

To do a mask like this, simply carve out the eyes and mouth a BIT, that way on the Platsil Gel 10 casting (Or Dragonskin), it plus up firmly. This is about $70 worth of silicone, no damn reason why it should cost $700.
$300 I agree on (inculding trimming, paint etc) but not near a grand.

Hopefully Fred masks like this become the new standard in non-liscenesed masks. And Sadly, New Line is no more. A HUGE loss in the film business.

To do a mask like this, simply carve out the eyes and mouth a BIT, that way on the Platsil Gel 10 casting (Or Dragonskin), it plus up firmly. This is about $70 worth of silicone, no damn reason why it should cost $700.
$300 I agree on (inculding trimming, paint etc) but not near a grand.

Hopefully Fred masks like this become the new standard in non-liscenesed masks. And Sadly, New Line is no more. A HUGE loss in the film business.

http://www.polytek.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=PlatSilGel10

On your lifecast, via a metal tool, knock back room near the eyes and mouth. When cast into the mold takin off of the clay sculpt on said lifecast if will have enough giveway to create that conformed feel per wearer since the casting is recessed as opposed to how its "normally" done. That gives the appliance feeling, but without the hours and prosaide.

That looks freakin amazing! Regarding the price of $700: I find it reasonable. The mask has to be sculpted first, so he needs to transfer the price for the materials (clay, silicone for mold) to the final product.

Thomas

if i can ever find the pic and scan it into the computer, i did a freddy mask i made myself, i used liquid latex, and a mold, that was supposed to be off englunds face. i dunno if it was, but it sure looked like it anyways. i used a latex bald cap as a base, pourd a bunch of sections and adhered them with a lil liquid latex to the cap, to form a full tight fittin full head mask, the face itself was done in a seperate piece, the chin i molded into the main section.

think of it like a divers hood, then i just spirit gummed the face piece on, a lil makeup stuff to blend in the areas around the edges, which were made thinner to blend in easier.

i used thick stage blood to give the reddish area of the mask its color, and sealed it with semi gloss clear latex. in a low light situation, it appeared as a freshly burnt seeping kinda look. it turned out pretty nice for what i was workin with.

As there are so many experts on the forum, and if its that easy, maybe somone here on the forum should start making these.
I'm sure they'd sell like hot cakes at $300 or so.. . i know i'd like one.

Get to it guys!

Oh, I know. You also have to take into consideration that I posted this thread in 2006. Even then, silicone masks weren't new, but it was a while back. Hopefully someday I can get one custom made on my lifecast though.

I wonder if you made a mask that was completely 1:1 out of dragon skin, would it stretch and fit like a glove.

I sounded way too harsh! I apologize, it wasnt my intention to come off as some huge dick head.

As someone else said, its the artistry being celebrated with this mask and thread, and very amazing it is. I would have to agree that it is indeed the best freddy mask.

Yeah, that's pretty freaking amazing. Just need some new pants, some make-up on the hands and dirty that sweater up a bit. A total dead ringer.

Since I took the pictures earlier in the thread (in 2006) I have completed the costume with new pants, boots, I weathered the sweater, and I have a burned left hand glove. I'll get some pics of the full getup closer to halloween.

There have been a few. There is one on eBay from time to time made by someone in Italy, but the inside of it is just flat, so it presses your nose down pretty hard and I hear it isn't comfortable. Also, when worn it really distorts the likeness. There was another not too long ago, but it was more of a generic look, so the likeness wasn't there, and the eye holes were way too big, so you would need to wear makeup around your eyes.

:eek WOW! :eek

Can't believe I missed this the first time around.

That mask is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back