The Time Machine 2002 Movie

misterggg

Does anyone have a clear set of blueprints from the Movie. I heard that they were out there. It would make this project go a lot easier. I know that the actual prop did not follow the blueprints to the letter, however I am getting into areas that are harder to figure out and what blueprints I have off of the dvd are just not clear enough and going through frame by frame of the movie is not helping either. Pictures from Comic Con would help too, I have everyone out there on the net but I am still stuck. By the way that is my birthdate on the main difference engine numbers.View attachment TIME MACHINE.69.jpgView attachment TIME MACHINE.65.jpg

i actually loved this movie. though many of my friends didn't agree with me, i loved this time machine.

I agree halliwax. This concept was much more believable in my opinion than the 1960's version. It showed more functionality than the typical flashing lights and twirling thing-a-ma-gigs. I like the movie Time after Time but did not like the time machine in that movie at all.

there's a guy in this video that has made a pretty good TM model from scratch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRfGE0-nL_g
as you can see he has a set of plans.
don't know if they are based on the actual production blueprints but might be worth contacting him.

btw did you do those renderings you posted?
they are excellent.

I do have the plans from this guy you mentioned and as helpful as they are they are not totally accurate in some areas from what I have found in my research, however I may have to resort to them if I can not get a clear copy of the blueprints that you will find on the DVD of the movie. Here is a video of another guy who has an impressive model that has lights and movement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNTbAnCA_Z0&feature=player_detailpage. Those renderings are mine from my model, here is another straight on front shot of the difference engine. I have every nut and bolt incorporated that I believe could construct the actual prop ( to the best of my research), I even have the actual motorized parts that actually made the number wheels move from an off screen power source that can only partially be seen from a few angles in the movie. I have emailed Tim Wilcox the guy who designed the model and he sent me a large beauty shot of his CAD model, he said he had a copy of the blueprints that I was after but unfortunately his were destroyed by accident. Tim's model is used as the primary source for building the actual prop however between his model and the blueprints the actual prop is slightly different in many areas. I was hoping to get a clear copy of the blueprints as a base to get more precise shapes and measurements to make my CAD model really accurate to what is seen in the movie. 1 (7).jpg. Thanks for the response to my thread David3

I read my own last post and to clarify I DO NOT have the actual motorized parts that were sold at an auction, I meant to say that I made CAD parts from photos of the actual motorized parts and incorporated them in my model to where they would be located and how they would operate the number wheels. I am no engineer and my model could be flawed but I am giving it my best shot!

wow! .. that martin fromme TM is really something!

and your renderings too are beautifully detailed.
i really look forward to seeing your progress

I work on several projects and get burned out after awhile but come back to them. The Time Machine has taken a lot of time to get to this stage for accuracy and I have redone some parts many times. I made the barber chair but was not satisfied with it and will redo that as well. My 2001 Moonbus took 3 years of study and research and still I don't have all of the kit parts to finish it yet, perhaps one day more information will be available to finish that project too. Speaking of the Moonbus, Keith Scaife (one of Martin Bowers friends that help Martin with his Moonbus) informed me on Facebook that he believes one of my Moonbus renders was used on the on the cover of this book you can see an altered photo of one of my Moonbus renders from the front. I was not offended or upset for no acknowledgement but was actually flattered. I need to get this book.8400449104_916e9f5f55_b.jpg

ha.. same. massive list of to-dos and wips, and more research than actual work
i have those TM plans as well and would dearly love to get started on it but too many other priorities
yes, excellent book. well worth every cent.

Hello,

I hope I'm not highjacking this tread, but I've found these posts while doing some research on my time machine project. I'm currently working on the console of the Argo from "Time After Time". It will be a full size version. I also hope to build a 2002 time machine as well and would like to correspond with anyone who has a similar interest.

Dave Boboc

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back