The Terminator 1984- Kyle Reese Trench Coats, Shoes, and more

Indeed I am and thank you sir. Always on the lookout for them and a few other rare Terminator items, just to know what's out there for anyone looking.

Anyone still looking for a pair of "Reese" Vandals, a good condition pair just popped up on Ebay, though they are missing the Velcro strap buckles but otherwise in great shape. Not sure why they listed them as 2002 versions seeing the only year the black/silver "Reese" Vandal was available was 1984. Regardless they are legit.

Took some new shots of my Vandals also if anyone wants a comparison.

View attachment 381673

The 1984 Vandals are different from from the 2002 re release not by much tho, just the strap has the nike written in silver and the newer versions written in black.. Unfortunately the 1984 vandal's sell for crazy prices even in poor condition..

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Thanks for the info on the differences. I still never thought the black and silver "Reese" colored ones have never been reissued. Your right about them going for very high prices. I got extremely lucky getting mine in the condition they are in but they were hardly cheap though. Heh.

I've been looking for a vintage or rerelease pair for a decent price for a while with no luck.

Really hope to see another release happen with this new movie.

Is there a good enough look-a-like model of Nike that would work for general costuming purposes? Something close that a strap could be added to?

Not that I'm aware of unless you buy a pair of Vandals that can be dyed or paint work done to have them match. I'd love for them to be reissued myself so I cold get a pair to wear wit out worryino about causing my vintage ones any damage. But keep yours eyes open constantly for them, I never thought I'd find a pair and found the best you could ask for. I've seen two other pairs for sale since then.

Woo hoo!!!

The way I see it, there are 3 different ways things will go down
(And correct me if I'm wrong)
way 1: over hype will kick off cause TG will do surprisingly well, and we'll be almost out of luck in getting a pair.
way 2: the movie will suck, and people will loose interest. The pairs will be made available cause people will practically give them away.
way 3: Nike will see people are into it, and make more and more will be available.

They are all over Ebay ranging from $200-$400. Given I have a pair of originals, even if I didn't there's no way in hell I'd spend that much over retail for these replicas when I have spotted several errors and that ridiculous stripe on the back.

R2.jpg

Hi I'm new to this forum just saw this and i had to join. I am trying to put together a kyle reese costume of my own to wear at comic con this year. I was able to get a pair of the new vandals from nike lab in manhattan on the day they came out for 100 bucks. They are not as bad as you think they are the only thing thats really off is the silver stripe on the back which could be dyed black if you really want to. I have a question though on the 1984 was the bottom
sole black or white i know the 2002 release was black but i wasnt sure about the 1984 pair. Also shane your pair is from 2002 you can tell by the black nike logo on the strap.

Hey Shane where did you get your pants from. Do they have side pockets or just one back pocket. I cant find one with one back pocket

There called Rugby pants and you'll just have to stalk Ebay until you find a pair that's correct and as for the originals having black on the bottom of the soles, yes they did. As for mine having the black logo on the strap would most likely have to do with me interchanging the straps after finding a spare set from a sneakerhead buddy of mine. I've got the original's with the silver printed logo put away in the box, I liked the black contrast on it better.

Yea. I still need the pants. I'll stalk eBay and find a decent pair. As for the Vandals...Yea no. I think I'll go with a look-alike and try it out. Unless can afford a pair which I really want to

Yep. The best bet is to get a look-alike, and hope it works. Or get lucly. Btw, sorry for not mentioning but I am new. And a huge fan of classic cinema movies like the Terminator. Also, first time cosplayer. I've been getting my research done and putting a Reese costume for TG, and also maybe a convention

Shane yours are a 2004 pair if you look at the 1984 pair on the first page you will see a black stitch running through the middle of the silver nike swoosh the 2004 pair doesn't have that. Also your pair is way to clean to be a 84 pair if it was the soles would have yellowed with age by now.

Edit: the cut on the 2004 pair is also a lot different than the 2004 pair check out these pics
http://www.sneakerpedia.com/sneakers/21899
http://www.sneakerpedia.com/sneakers/24140

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back