The Stranded Hunter

Lazrith

Hey guys and gals,

Been working on my suit for a couple months now and figured I should start my WiP thread. Concept is a predator that crash landed on a uninhabited forest planet and was stranded without communication or a means to escape. Having been on the planet for decades, his armor and weapons started to decay or be destroyed by the various wildlife of the planet. Planning on doing duel blade gaunts, with one blade broken off, so its only 3 blades actually on the wrists, then take the broken off blade and turn it into a makeshift dagger that he carries around. Have a couple other pieces of armor and weapons that will be either destoyed or modified, but don't want
to give away too much.

Pictures of what I got so far (more pictures on other page(s):

AVP Undermask courtesy of SeaHunterr.
l_3a1fd78da9d647fcb0fe7eb127325be8.jpg.png

AVP style armor: Thanks to Pdisk, made my week man.
Note: The camera flash makes the re-painted armor look alot brighter then it really is.

Backpack
FinalChest013.jpg

Shoulderbell
Armor012.jpg

Gauntlets
Armor008.jpg

Bicep Armpr
Armor014.jpg

Shin Armor
Armor017.jpg

Half my duct tape dummy, my dad (Elder-One) loved this part...
Picture.jpg.gif

40 Bambooie Dreads: Thanks of course....to Bambooie xD
Dreads1.jpg.gif

(NOT trying to steal the spotlight here)
My story behind the Viking-predator (coming soon) is similar to yours. She stranded on earth, Scandinavia, and lost her computer stuff and stealth armor so she had to adjust to the area to blend in. Which means alot of forest colours; green, brown and gray. Her armor has alot of "human stuff" among it, like a chainmail and other things.
Your concept sounds interesting and I will definitly watch this topic with anticipation!
I'm guessing he will be an elder?

Kotten

Sound awsome, and don't worry about stealing the spotlight As for making it an elder, I don't think so, more in the "middle aged" stage.
Where he was on his way home from his first hunt and crashed, so he was young when it happened.
Keep me posted on your's Kotton and I'll keep you posted on mine, see how our suits end up resembling and differing from each other.

Also, little update, got a set of bambooie dreads ordered, can't wait ^_^
Will get a couple more pictures up asap.

My WIP will probably not be starting anytime soon, due to money-issues. But it will start!
I have gathered some stuff but im still working on the design so I dont really want to cut anything now. I will soon add new pictures on my viking-pred when I get a hold of a scanner.
Mine will be an elder, because the viking time was over 500 years ago. :D

Kotten

Uhhh, more viking preds.. nice!! I'll be looking out for this. Never found the time to go any further than the bio, although I would so would have liked to... I'd have gone nuts on the shin armor especially.

Have fun and good luck on that stranded hunter!

I was thinking about doing dark green, grey and some white, then black spots, something kinda like this.
539384516_3791d1d9d0.jpg

Be a tough color scheme, but I think it would look awsome if I could pull it off, or find someone who could.

I like that kind of dull colours, it would look great if done properly! :lol:
With no colours that "screams" you will more easy blend in to the nature, just what this predator needs.
What kind of butterfly is that anyway?

Kotten

Its actually a moth, and I have absolutly no idea what kind it is lol. I just looked up "Green Moth" after seeing one kinda like that on a pillar outside my house lol.

PS. Got mah dreads today! Bambooie of course, thanks bro.

Good to see more unique coloured preds appearing, the lair seems to have come alive again of late with creativity and work going on.

I look forward to seeing more progress.

Ok, this is going to sound kinda stupid, but I seem to have forgotten what kind of mask I have :)

I know its an AVP, but I can't remember the sculpter etc, anyone have any thoughts on who's work it is?

Updated 1-25-09: Started re-painting armor, replaced original pictures with new ones, but put a link to the old picture so you can see the before if you want to. Also got my dreads in the mail, poked about 30 of them in, still need to cut some down for mini-dreads, but I think I'm gonna wait for that.

PS: That sounds about right Warped, I wanted to say thats who's it was, but I wasn't 100% sure, and since Seahunterr is out of contact for a bit, figured I would ask around.

Got bored and had some free time today, so I decided to start messin around with my backpack. Not 100% what I'm lookin for, but I do like it, so we'll see how it goes. And sorry for some of them being sideways, forgot to rotate them.

Edit: Pictures removed, final customization on page 2 of thread.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back