The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

ssawahl

Ok so for Halloween this year a friend in the Philadelphia Ghostbusters invited me to a party the Philadelphia Ghostbusters were having to benifit a local animal shelter. I decided to come up with something many people haven't done very often, The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man! I looked every where I could online to see how other people have done this before. Unfortunately there have not been too many really good versions

(I honestly do not mean to offend anyone who has tried to do this costume before cause it was a pain and took a long time. And I am also not by any means saying that my costume is perfect I have already determined that I need to revise certain parts ex. the body and arms...)

...anyway here is a pic of the finished product and later tonight I will add build pics and stats...

Thank you for looking and feel free to leave any feedback.

Hey man, that looks great! We did Ghostbusters a few years back for Halloween. Heres a pic... the white fluff floating around is snow not marshmellow chunks lol.
n676970005_4266312_3427.jpg

lol it was my cousin in the suit he was the warmest one of us all. it was -20c that night.
U have anymore pics of yours? we did this the night b4 halloween it was all we could come up with

wow Stay Puft, u musta got ur ass handed to u that night.. theres over 10 Ghostbusters there. lol I also love that u guys did an Ecto.

Ok I have to ask ssawahl how did you make the suit? I created pep files a while back for making the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man out of paper as a pattern for foam but that fell through but your suit looks a lot, lot better than anything I could have done so how did you do it?

saiofwrath - ha ha thanks I'm glad too!

Compass72 - thanks for the early pic help

Sunkistshark - we had a pretty good time lol

Doh2 - Thank you and it was the only choice for me lol

Vagabond - I primarily used only foam, there are 3 metal pieces in the costume to help hold things in certain ways but mostly just foam that was cut and shapped then secured and wrapped with colored duct tape. With the legs I used 2 different sized balls that I wrapped in foam and then cut out and put back together for the feet I used a pair of slippers again wrapped in duct tape and initially put truck bed liner on the bottom of the feet (which has since worn off). The hands were winter gloves that I had lying around and cut up and wrapped in foam and duct tape. The head has a computer fan and a momentary switch to try to help keep me cool and the top (white part) of the hat is designed like a air cleaner to allow air flow in. While wearing the costume I also had a Camelbak water pack on my back with a modified tube to provide water to again help me stay cool.

All of these Stay-Pufts .... My life is complete. I can die happy now!

Makes me REALLY want to do both a Gatekeeper AND a Gozer costume. Ironically enough, Gatekeeper might be more difficult.

Great job! LOVE IT.

Love these pics! I've seen a lot of Ghostbusters before and even been one, but never have I had the pleasure of seeing a Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man until now!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back