The STAR WARS : Concept trailer

Just saw this at therebelarmory the other day, very cool. I am especially fond of Luke's (deak starkiller's) outfit, in Ralph McQuarrie's art. It's a costume on my to do list.

It's cool because it pushes our retro buttons. Like some lost early SW movie that we never saw has just been unearthed. Yeah, we probably wouldn't like it as much if it didn't remind us of ANH.

Better question - would we really think the ANH production designs were so much better (less dated) if we saw them for the first time today?

I'm about 90% sure that the female hero that would become Luke Skywalker. Was the inspiration for Rey. George always liked recycling ideas that didn't make it into previous films.

I almost wish they would make Star Wars '74 into an animated movie. I read the script, never got the graphic novel, though, and thought it funny what still made it into Star Wars '77.

The Star Wars concept as a full movie could be interesting to see, too. Just to see the full evolution of the story.

I started reading Leigh Bracketts script for ESB, with the massive Wampa assault on the Hoth ice palace (aka Echo Base) forcing the rebels to abandon the stronghold.

Even Splinter of the Minds Eye would have made for an interesting movie, the sequel that never was.

Still, I'd love to see Han Solo At Stars End used as the basis for a Solo:ASWS follow up.

So much of the early "legends" was actually pretty good.

Oh, but if they made a trilogy between ROTJ and TFA, Didney would probably choose to make Children of the Jedi, The Crystal Star, and Darksaber.

I'd love to see one of those pre-1977 versions of the franchise done with period SFX.

I don't even mind if they use some modern SFX in the process, but make it look old.

Who knows, the storytelling might benefit from the limitations.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back