The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest! JUDGED WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Re: The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest!

I have a question about the gallery submissions. It looks like there are already a lot of votes on the gallery page and that's how the entries are sorted, but voting to members doesn't open until Nov.4th, so how come there are already votes on the page? And doesn't this bias the voting for members in the future? (As the higher voted entries are higher on the page and some great costumes seem buried on the bottom)

Also, since I've finally got an entry and wanted to do a build log anyway, here's my entry!

http://www.therpf.com/f24/formoris-2013-halloween-costume-contest-entry-197658/

Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to see all of the entries!

Edit: I'm just an idiot and was looking at the wrong gallery page, sorry guys.

Another quick question, when we have our proof, instead of writing "The RPF Costume Contest 2013" on the paper, are we allowed to type it on there and print it? I'm planning on printing mine with a font that goes with my costume, and just carrying the paper with me to my photoshoot.

Another quick question, when we have our proof, instead of writing "The RPF Costume Contest 2013" on the paper, are we allowed to type it on there and print it? I'm planning on printing mine with a font that goes with my costume, and just carrying the paper with me to my photoshoot.

Yep! As long as it says the right thing you can write, print, xerox, copy and paste from magazines... Anything you like. :)

What if we buy a mask or prop like on Ebay or Amazon, then modify it? Will we be able to enter it if we show WIP pics or before and after shots?

What if we buy a mask or prop like on Ebay or Amazon, then modify it? Will we be able to enter it if we show WIP pics or before and after shots?

Yep! Show us what you did with it. There is some leeway with the "you made it yourself" rule. We understand that most costumes have some sourced parts. As long as the overall costume is in the spirit of the contest we'll allow it.

- - - Updated - - -

Huzzah! Good luck guys!

I'm new and I just posted a thread for the contest, but it's not showing up with the other entries. Also, my pictures only show up as attachment links and when I click on them, it says there's a problem. Help?

I'm new and I just posted a thread for the contest, but it's not showing up with the other entries. Also, my pictures only show up as attachment links and when I click on them, it says there's a problem. Help?

Threads don't magically appear in the first post, I have to put them there. You're there now. ;)

As for your pictures, you should upload them using the image button at the top of your entry field. If you have been using that then there might be something wrong with your images (too big perhaps?).

How do I change my post name when my costume is completed? Sorry, new-ish member

Last edited:

thanks, I finally have the title how it should be :D

:thumbsup

This week I'll be going around and searching for entry threads that I haven't already added to the first post yet. I'll also be posting in everyone's threads to let them know what they still need to do for a complete entry. :)

Was there any decision made about having an additional image set into your entry photo? Last year, some people only submitted a single photo, but it had two views of the costume. For example, a large photo of the front of a costume, then a smaller image of the back in the corner, to show off the details. Are pics like that acceptable this year? My costume has a detail that isn't necessarily visible, but most of the better pictures I have don't show that off very well.
Also, does it matter if the photo is from a professional photographer? My favorite photos are by Bodhi Tree Photography and have their logo in the background. Do I have to get a release or anything, due to the contest terms, such as the RPF using pics for promotional purposes?

Hi there, I'm a Newbie here, how do i go about getting my thread entered? Costumes not finished but nearly there.
Cheers Simon

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back