The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest! JUDGED WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Re: The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest!

SO!

For anyone curious as we hit the deadline about an hour from now, if all conditions are met prior to the finish time you WILL be entered, even if I've missed something. So, if I've missed your thread, or your proof pic, or your gallery pic, LET ME KNOW. I'll check the timestamp on your post or edit and if you were on time you'll be entered.

Good luck everyone!

Re: The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest!

Alright folks, The entry period is now complete!

I'm going to look around and see if I can find any stragglers, if you think I've missed you let me know!

Voting will start on November 7th. Good luck everyone!

Re: The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest! ENTRY CLOSED

I'm curious, is voting for members only or anyone? :eek:

Re: The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest! ENTRY CLOSED

I'm curious, is voting for members only or anyone? :eek:

Voting is only for members and IS NOW OPEN! :D

Head over to the various galleries and take a look. You can view the build threads in the first post of this thread. Vote for your favourite and good luck everyone!

Re: The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest! VOTING NOW OPEN

This is going to sound silly, but is there a button under the entries? Does it just not show up on iOS?

You don't sound silly, I noticed too!
There is buttons on a browser, but it doesn't show up on the mobile version :C

This is going to sound silly, but is there a button under the entries? Does it just not show up on iOS?

I've heard it doesn't show up on phones. The vote button should be underneath each picture.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

I've heard it doesn't show up on phones. The vote button should be underneath each picture.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

I don't see a VOTE button under any of the entries either via a regular computer, not phone.

I'm just going to come out and ask. I've been told before that it's "poor form" to vote for yourself. I've never heard that anywhere but here and I honestly don't understand/agree with it. But is this the first year we haven't been allowed to vote for our own entries?

I don't see a VOTE button under any of the entries either via a regular computer, not phone.

Once you've voted the button goes away. It's based on IP I believe so two people can't vote from the same computer. Is that the problem you're having? If not what browser are you using?

I'm just going to come out and ask. I've been told before that it's "poor form" to vote for yourself. I've never heard that anywhere but here and I honestly don't understand/agree with it. But is this the first year we haven't been allowed to vote for our own entries?

Technically there's never been anything stopping you. If one really wants to vote for themselves they can, although personally I do find it "poor form" everyone is entitled to their vote!

Thanks found them. At work so computer kept signing me out when it switch pages.

Technically there's never been anything stopping you. If one really wants to vote for themselves they can, although personally I do find it "poor form" everyone is entitled to their vote!

When I view the Women's gallery, I don't see a vote button under my pic, only my total. I assumed that meant I didn't have the option. I guess I just don't understand why you see it as poor form. I think I'd rather be told not to vote in my category.

I had a professor who once told us, "If you don't value yourself enough to vote for you, how can you ever expect anyone else to?" A bit extreme maybe, and also possibly more politically focused than for a traditional contest.

Having said that though, I am definitely NOT voting for myself. I am choosing which costume I believe is the best, which is exactly what I hope everyone does. If you genuinely do believe yours is the best, I don't think you should be ashamed of voting for yourself however.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back