'The Return of the Rocketeer' coming to Disney+

A couple of years back they announced a new Captain Action. Of of the outfits was to be the comic Rocketeer. If you use the original designs, then you don't have to pay the Mouse.

David.

View attachment 1490347

:p

I wouldn't be surprised if they go with a completely new design for the ROCKET pack.

Within the context of the story, yes the pack was destroyed but yes Peevy has the drawing that he made of how the thing worked. If he built another pack, I would imagine that he probably would have made a few tweaks and modifications to the internals to improve performance, and it follows that he just might make some modifications to the external shell as well.

Within the context of real-world film production, it never fails that when a new director and a new production designer begin a production that's a continuation of a previous film/story, they always have to put their own stink on it, and a lot of things get redesigned, even though it's not necessary.

As for the original film pack vs. the comic pack, they did make a prototype comic-style pack... and it looked ridiculous.

View attachment 1490348

Don't get me wrong - that's some beautiful work, but it's just too goofy to be believable.

The redesign for the film was brilliant - it fit the era and it looked believably functional.
Wow!! I never knew or heard about this before!! Very interesting

Wow!! I never knew or heard about this before!! Very interesting
They actually did a couple prototypes, in the process of dialing in the look for the pack.

massPACKS2.jpg

prottype grey.jpg

4152606029_dec96d8414_b.jpg

^^
I always love the look of the movie pack, but if they had to re-visit the movie to make a serie, I would like to the one here:cool::cool:

I remember that display. Sadly last few times I was there they were no longer displaying props in that building. I think they turned it into a restaurant.

When the movie came out Dave Stevens praised the movie's rocket pack design. He said he never could design a rocket pack that he liked.

David.

Sorry, but I can't see anything with the Rocketeer without thinking about J-Men Forever!! I remember watching this on Night Flight, back in about 1981, high as a kite, and laughing my ass off!!
Go to about 49min for "Rocket Jock"
This movie is hilarious!!

The funny thing was I had a conversation another Rocketeer before the pandemic and we decided if Disney ever did another move, it'd have star either a woman or an African-American as the lead role, because, well, that's just how it goes these days.
Sure enough, here it is, a couple of years later.
Billy Campbell was still acting as late as last year, it'd be great if he could return as Cliff (with Jennifer Connlley returning as Jenny Blake at his side as a married couple since the late 30s), being the "Peevy" character giving advice to the new title character, but I wouldn't hold my breath as the timelines don't seem to match.
But don't forget, at the end of the original movie, there were full plans with improvements noted made from before the rocket pack was blown up. Maybe Secord and Peevy had another made but never flew it and this new guy finds it (sort of like the new Ghostbusters concept)?

Bill and Jennifer could do the "Cameo de rigueur"...that said, it would be a nice segway to the new serie. Heck, Allan Arkin is still kickin';)

Bill, Jennifer and Alan returning: YESS!! Make it so! Engage! :) That would be great.

Regarding a possible reboot, Alan Arkin says it best:

The funny thing was I had a conversation another Rocketeer before the pandemic and we decided if Disney ever did another move, it'd have star either a woman or an African-American as the lead role, because, well, that's just how it goes these days.
You read my mind. TV shows and movie companies are falling over themselves do do just that. I dread the day Biggles is hit by the trend. That said, I think a Tuskegee Airman taking over the role (it's the suit, after all, not the character) is a good direction to go. A 1930s racing pilot replaced by a WW2 combat hero.

You read my mind. TV shows and movie companies are falling over themselves do do just that. I dread the day Biggles is hit by the trend. That said, I think a Tuskegee Airman taking over the role (it's the suit, after all, not the character) is a good direction to go. A 1930s racing pilot replaced by a WW2 combat hero.
Yes, when the move is logical, I'm all for it (y) They could take some design decisions that might be "questionable" from a fan point of view, i.e.: changing the helmet, the rocket pack or even the costume.:unsure:

They might intentionally change the rocket design just for IP reasons.

IIRC the Arnold T-800 endoskeleton has varied in some of the later sequels just for that reason. They have the rights to the franchise but they're still diddling over nuts and bolts issues.

Star Wars also changed most of the tech items for the sequels. The Falcon got a new dish. C-3PO had the red arm. The different X-wing design. The new imperial walkers. Etc. They kept R2-D2 the same but they mostly sidelined him in favor of their new BB-8.

Damn it!! I knew there more prototypes its was not just the one off. LOL!!! The proof is there love all of them pretty snazzy i gotta say! Thanks for posting the pics.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back