The real McCoys......retired & resurrected movie props

heckinohio

These are all live functional machine guns in my collection at this time. It would be interesting to know what movies they might have appeared in.

The first is a US Military Benet-Mercie. It the one on the shelf with the taller bipod. The name implies some French influence. It is number 337 of those made in the 1909 era by Springfield Armory in Mass.. It is also stamped Fox Studios.

The next one is a Russian PPd 40, used in the early stages of WW2 by the Russians. It was replaced by the PPSh 41, one down in the picture. This one is stamped "OK for 9mm Blanks" . I have replaced the restricted 9mm barrel with an original 7.62x25 barrel, making the gun fully functional again.

The longer gun with the more normal stock configuration is an Italian M-38, also in 9mm. It had a blanks firing device threaded into the original thread of the barrel jacket. I simply replaced that with an original flash suppressor using the same original threads. It does not seem to be marked for a studios, but I know it came from Strembridge.

Donna and I have shot these gun on various occasions over the past many years.

PJH

DSC00689.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00685.JPG
    DSC00685.JPG
    514 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC00688.JPG
    DSC00688.JPG
    617.4 KB · Views: 119
You might wish to edit your post. In most areas I know of, owning fully functional live fire machine guns is prohibited without extensive special permitting...

You might wish to edit your post. In most areas I know of, owning fully functional live fire machine guns is prohibited without extensive special permitting...

You're assuming he doesn't have those? There are quite a few members with fullly legal "machine guns". If you have money, no record, and can jump through all the hoops, it's really not that hard to own one.

You're assuming he doesn't have those? There are quite a few members with fullly legal "machine guns". If you have money, no record, and can jump through all the hoops, it's really not that hard to own one.
Yup! Nice pics OP. Shot a few brrrrr'ts over the years. Oldest one is a Tommygun, hardly any recoil but still liked to walk up when the fun starts.

Didn't mean to imply illegality, just had some family complications in a similar area. My brother in law has a fondness for WWII German weaponry and a collection of them. These were ones which were nonfunctional, different pieces cut up, but he got several and used the best pieces to make a flawless looking display one. In total he had about a dozen units, some with tripods. Someone saw him sharing photos of his collection and things got real complicated for a while...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back