The OLD MPC X-Wing...

MPC XWing on acid (y) (y) :cool: :cool:
Yeah! I had a few mushrooms myself. Especially if you preserve them in a jar with honey, that way they don't go bad. oops! wrong post.
fun build and happy with the work work I've done to it. as mentioned earlier I love this mold/cast and profile! very sleek. yeah, this model needs work but if you put your imagination to it and some modifications you can do wonders with it. bandai - too small and the canopy looks way too big. I have many scales of this x-wing kit , resin, plastic, crappy plastic, crappy resin. 3D print - PLA/SLA - from tiny to huge. but no one has been able to replicate the old MPC version we ( or I ) love. not to mention if anyone who builds this MPC/ERTL kit it is considered Studio Scale.

Really great work. I just misread the title and realized it should have been: This OLD MPC X-Wing ;)

Yeah! I had a few mushrooms myself. Especially if you preserve them in a jar with honey, that way they don't go bad. oops! wrong post.
fun build and happy with the work work I've done to it. as mentioned earlier I love this mold/cast and profile! very sleek. yeah, this model needs work but if you put your imagination to it and some modifications you can do wonders with it. bandai - too small and the canopy looks way too big. I have many scales of this x-wing kit , resin, plastic, crappy plastic, crappy resin. 3D print - PLA/SLA - from tiny to huge. but no one has been able to replicate the old MPC version we ( or I ) love. not to mention if anyone who builds this MPC/ERTL kit it is considered Studio Scale.
Well, actually they used the MPC XWing in some background scenes at ILM;)...so it`s ``Studio Scale`` in my book!

Really great work. I just misread the title and realized it should have been: This OLD MPC X-Wing ;)
As in 'This Old House"? :D
If I may share since it seems appropriate, my own recent completion of an MPC build that took ~2 years to bring to fruition...
MPC_T67_1.jpg

MPC_T67_2.jpg

MPC_T67_3.jpg

Last edited:
As in 'This Old House"? :D
If I may share since it seems appropriate, my own recent completion of an MPC build that took ~2 years to bring to fruition...
View attachment 1428855
View attachment 1428856
View attachment 1428867
Anyone can share here, isn't that what this forum is about! I love seeing other people's work! I'm digging the paint scheme color choice and the insignias only the wings. I see you have a pilot, must be nice! mine is flying blind until I find one. LOL
it's great to see people who have built this kit and do all the little modifications to it that others have knowing how much it adds to the model. now I see all the mods you've done and know how much work and thought goes into it. just the subtle addon's make all the difference. for me the wings were the biggest upgrade like yours. I like the kill strike count on the side of the cockpit. one could go nuts on this kit doing what ever. in a way it's nice how somewhat simplistic this kit is out of the box makes for other possibilities/clean slate.

Looks great!! Like said in another post, I hope mines turns out this good! By the way where did you acquire the stand?
Thank you! The stand/mounts I bought off ebay 3 years ago from Japan. I purchased 2 cases of 24 each. Two heights 6” and 9” tall. They were $30.00 a case + free shipping. Took awhile to get here in Canada but I was not in a rush. I’m cheap! Not the beat quality but work for me. Made of aluminum. I end up painting them black when I’m done with my model.

beautiful and inspiring work! What scale is this?
thank you! I never thought it would turn out as good as I thought, I was just playing around with it. not sure but I believe it's 1/43 - 1/42? if I'm correct. I have the 1/48 Finemolds x-wing and that is smaller by comparison . to me it's mainly the nose/front body. the MPC version is longer and streamlined with a stealthy canopy, where the finemolds is more Stout and larger canopy. I definitely love the MPC version better. harder to build due to its mold and age but well worth the work, time, mods in the end.

Fantastic job on this one Dockbay94! Seems to be a common theme with this particular kit that many who pick it up with the intent of doing a straight out of the box build end up finding there way to working in lots of mods and tweaks. It's actually a really fun kit to go wild on. Going down the same path right now myself with one of these Old MPC X-Wing kits. Current tweak? Motorizing the wing action internally. :cool:

Thanks, it is a nite and day difference between years and skill level. I used my moms nail polish as red paint on my first build. think I’ve gained a bit of skill since then. Wish I still had it for memory sake and comparison then and now! 11yo to 52yo.
Still have the one I built when I was 11 years old! There will be a comparison shot between old and new some day. I've had thoughts of refurbishing the old X-Wing but there is quite a bit of nostalgia attached so... maybe not.

Fantastic job on this one Dockbay94! Seems to be a common theme with this particular kit that many who pick it up with the intent of doing a straight out of the box build end up finding there way to working in lots of mods and tweaks. It's actually a really fun kit to go wild on. Going down the same path right now myself with one of these Old MPC X-Wing kits. Current tweak? Motorizing the wing action internally. :cool:
motorizing the s-foils. WOW, that should be an interesting venture! Taking it up a notch. would love to see your progress on that mod. might give me ideas for the next one I do in time. I just have too many projects on the go.
wish I still had my first x-wing build. glad you do. and don't do anything to it, keeping it as is a wonderful reminder of how far you have advanced your skills.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back