The OLD MPC X-Wing...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Hagoth

Sr Member
I think I've decided to leave my original as is. Super crappy 11 year old kid paint job and wings that in the closed position now look like a tight rope walkers balance pole. Constant whisper that I need to make another. The internal conflict is resolved.

Seems we have a few members of the 50+ club here all with a similar memory and new found inspiration. :D
Saw Star Wars at age 10 and I was smitten. Picked up an MPC X-Wing two days after release and built it. Many hours spent playing with it.
Pushing 54.
That original X-Wing all those years ago is what inspired my current wing mechanism work. Now I have the technology to pull it off.

Thank you again for the inspiration to once again enjoy building this kit with your beautiful rendition of Biggs Red 3.

rbeach84

Sr Member
Sorry dockbay, I missed your question about the nubs... I did it for asymetric interest. If you've ever noticed, a lot of real world sensors are placed in such a fashion by design. In this context, the two are more interesting visually than four would have been.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.