The Noob Field Guide to Pep Costuming

Hm. A whole suit may not be the best to start imediately into, some people need to have a project finished quickly to build up enjoyment (or basically like me, low lack of project concentration :/ ) so you may want to start out building a prop or two, then diving into say, the arm armor, then the chest, the helmet, then the rest of the body, but that's just my opinion.

Will you be doing this in EVA foam, or will you be fiberglassing it?

-The Armrorer

Hm. A whole suit may not be the best to start imediately into, some people need to have a project finished quickly to build up enjoyment (or basically like me, low lack of project concentration :/ ) so you may want to start out building a prop or two, then diving into say, the arm armor, then the chest, the helmet, then the rest of the body, but that's just my opinion.

Will you be doing this in EVA foam, or will you be fiberglassing it?

-The Armrorer

Hi thanks for replying I will be using eva foam for my build I've got a awesome foam build on JFcustoms database thanx so much JF and I also looked at Durkness's build of the guyver suit and got a lot of tips I am just afraid that the scaling might be a little of I am 6,1Ft and the pep file is for someone that's 6ft I printed the arm and helmet thinking of doing the arm with 3mm craft foam to practice with got it for very cheap

If there's someone to take inspiration from, it's Durkness and JFCustom when it comes to foam building, I hope to see your progress soon, don't forget to drop a link here ;)

Hi,

So I read through these posts and they were extremely beneficial, thank you. Yesterday I did my first ever Pepakura (one of the 3D shapes for free download on the pep website), and it fueled my appetite to get to work on something bigger..
What are some good beginner props or outfits? Obviously I don't want to be building a full suit of armor or even a chest plate my first time around, I was thinking maybe a helmet but I thought even that may be too challenging. Any suggestions? Also, I'm really into Batman, Fallout, Skyrim if that helps...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back