The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage Torsten Hallman GP Chest Protector

Vintage Texas Instruments Ti-2000 with Red LED

After too many months searching & too many purchases my journey to the dark-side is complete.

I picked up a vintage Texas Instruments Ti-2000 with Red LED with the help of my good buddy Colin db94 and now have all the vintage parts for ANH Vader V2;

Vintage MPP Microflash with Single Step Shroud
Vintage Texas Instruments Ti-2000 with Red LED & Frosted Bubble Strip
Vintage D-Ring
Vintage Saberfreak T-Tracks

I am still 50/50 if I will have this saber built by Dustin newmagrathea or display all the vintage parts, either way it's a day to remember :D

763.jpg

763.jpg

Custom LEGO Millennium Falcon with full Interior

UPDATE 3

Han & Chewie helping with testing Docking Ring options along with some Sub-light Engine Grills & Landing Gear in the background and a few other items scattered around.

764.jpg

764.jpg

I attached the rear side panels & did some testing for the Sub-light Engines, I think I will go with this design rather then the wall of 1x2 clear plates & droid arms as it looks closer to the original model, if too much light from the LED panel is blocked from this design I will swap-out for the wall of 1x2 clear plates & droid arms.

765.jpg

765.jpg 766.jpg 767.jpg 768.jpg

I decided to go with a slightly inaccurate Docking Ring as it's not circular with slopped sides but it's clean & I think I nice compromise.

769.jpg

769.jpg

UPDATE 4

I added the greebles to the rear side panels & finish building the Sub-light Engine Grill along with few more sections of the inner engine structure, I am waiting on more bricks to complete this section, but I think its coming along nicely :D

770.jpg

773.jpg

770.jpg 771.jpg 772.jpg 773.jpg

UPDATE 5

I finished the internal Sub-light Engine & Grill and attached the Flaps there are a few parts I still need to swap out but this section is finished.

774.jpg

777.jpg

778.jpg

774.jpg 775.jpg 776.jpg 777.jpg 778.jpg

Well with LEGO nothing is really ever finished lol!! I was never 100% happy with the Grill and may have a better solution depending on how much light from the LED strip is blocked I did a MOC & test with a torch, the clear 1x2 plate wall MOC is the option I mentioned in the earlier update as a fall back option.

779.jpg 780.jpg

Now to wait for more pieces to come-in (thank you COVID delays)

Vintage Pulce 40 Speargun

OMG there is a story behind this package.

I hunted this minty vintage Pulce 40 Speargun back in January, the package was sent from the UK to Australia in February, after 3 weeks we started making enquirers as to the status of the package, we were told it's delayed because of COVID, it's missing because of COVID, it's found but was damaged & could not be delivered blah blah blah so after 5 months the package was delivered today undamaged but guess what....

Royal Mail in the UK tagged the package "Contains goods which are not permitted to fly Surface Mail ONLY" now surface mail to Australia is a bloody slow ship, yet no one at Royal Mail offered this information, all to easy to blame COVID or the item was damaged & could not be delivered lol!!

Firstly I need to give a shout-out to my good buddy Colin db94 for his help with the shipping & driving Royal Mail crazy with calls and a huge shout-out to Markus OdiWan72 who ghetto-lathed an extension Tip for Customs, thanks buddy (y)

781.jpg 782.jpg 789.jpg 790.jpg

783.jpg

784.jpg

783.jpg 784.jpg 785.jpg 786.jpg 787.jpg 788.jpg

UPDATE 6

I have been researching small battery options as there is very limited space because of the interior, I picked a pair of Voltaic V25 6,400mAh USB Battery Packs 8cm x 8cm which have a standard "Always On Feature" which is required to run the boards at low or no draw.

Also I started building the lower hull sections & Landing Gear boxes & thought I would lay out before I started pulling apart & working on fitting in the batteries, boards & speakers I have to gut & redesign and change most of the sections, OMG this will be huge...

791.jpg

791.jpg 792.jpg 793.jpg 794.jpg 795.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back