The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage Torsten Hallman GP Chest Protector

If I can make any suggestion at all, I would make your vertical cut into the weldment “nub” about 1-2mm away from the booster vanes and then file the rest of the way toward the vanes. My experience has been that I then needed to make a horizontal cut through the weldment nub toward the vertical cut, and finally drilling down through the hole the weldment nub is above/is filling in the barrel jacket.

Thanks for the tip, they are always welcome.

i NEED this!!!! is this from the etsy seller!?! i didn't know he made all these new versions!!

Thanks Danny I modded some of his designs & designed new sabers in LDD.

The ROTJ Luke V2 I designed in LDD it includes modded sections.

Luke V2 LDD.jpg

Luke V2 LDD.jpg

LEGO TROS - Rey Lightsaber

The bricks finally arrived and I was able to build my LEGO TROS - Rey Lightsaber I now need to wait for the TROS LEGO Kits to be released so I can pickup a Rey Minifig.

345.jpg

346.jpg

347.jpg

Update post #372

Browning MKII Booster removal from the Barrel Sleeve

159.jpg

Update from Dustin newmagrathea

Dustin sent through WIP pics on the removal of the Booster from the Barrel Sleeve.

The weld was cleanly cut with a dremel with the Pin coming free with only gentle persuasion, the Booster needed some Zep45 to free up and then it unscrewed without any drama.

348.jpg

351.jpg

The remaining weld after some minor shaping.

352.jpg

After bluing of the weld.

355.jpg

I think Dustin did an amazing job, the Booster looks awesome and we were able to save the Barrel Sleeve so it can be used as a display :)

348.jpg 349.jpg 350.jpg 351.jpg 352.jpg 353.jpg 354.jpg 355.jpg 356.jpg

Last edited:
i never knew that weld held a pin in the circular thing on the booster. Looks like mine was cut from a jacket as well, I was wondering why there were dremel marks on it, and why a glob of weld is on all these. huh haha

i never knew that weld held a pin in the circular thing on the booster. Looks like mine was cut from a jacket as well, I was wondering why there were dremel marks on it, and why a glob of weld is on all these. huh haha

These are the pics taken by Markus OdiWan72 after removing the Barrel Sleeve from the MKII frame, from what I have been told I understand not all Barrel Sleeves had a Pin some Barrel Sleeve Pin Holes were filled with a large blob of weld securing the Booster.

159.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Dustin, that’s a epic video!! Had me on the edge of my seat!!

If you plan on doing more of these booster extractions i wonder if a strap wrench would make things easier for you? It’s got a rubber belt so you wouldn’t have to put leather in the clamp

IMG_9878.jpg

I’m a huge fan of your videos and hope you make this a regular thing “booster extraction series” ;)

Browning MKII Booster removal from the Barrel Sleeve

Update from Dustin newmagrathea

Video - Shaping the Weld

Dustin also test fitted a Roman Props Replica Booster which I purchased to replace the vintage Booster for my Display Flash Suppressor | Booster | Barrel Sleeve I am also planning to get another Roman Booster to Display the vintage Booster Nut.

Thumbs up to Roman Romans Empire for the accuracy of his Booster (y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back