The Most Amazing Adhesive for Lightsaber Grips is.....

SirJediKnightTim

I have a Yoda lightsaber that I am making from a Bolsey flash. And I made some really nice looking rubber grips, but not sure what to use. Industrial strength double sided tape? Adhesive spray? Two part Epoxy glue?

Nothing that I have found really seems to work well on grips. It seems like they all come off eventually. Even MR has had their issues on the Dooku and Mace lightsabers.

Anybody find anything that works well?

Years ago I remember reading that a good adhesive for mountain bike handles used to be spray Pam. That might work for you.

3M makes a double sided (industrial) adhesive that holds down car emblems. I've used it on props 10 years ago that are still rock solid.

-Rylo

Hi there,

I used industrial superglue on the loosened grips of my MR Dooku and it works great ... sofar yet it's not been handled very much.

-Chaim

3M VHB tape?

We use the vhb double sided Tape at work and it's very strong, mainly because unlike most double sided tapes it's made purely out of glue with nitrogen bubbles in it. Although its very expensive
A much cheaper alternative we use sometimes is 'carpet tape' which is even more sticky but a night mare to remove if you make a mistake. Vhb can be removed relatively easily

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back