The Mask Jim Carrey costume build. (Custom silicone mask)

Im having a custom silicone mask made by Andrew Freeman for my costume. This mask will not be produced, its a one of a kind. Here is pics of the sculpture before it gets molded. Update pics as soon as I get it. FOLLOW THIS COSTUME BUILD FOR TONS OF PHOTOS AND VIDEO ON FACEBOOK AT THE GROUP I RUN
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1435985499952900/
MY GROUP HAS MONTHLY COSTUME CONTESTS!!

10309260_10201792953895334_8742758271790677865_n.jpg10341454_10201792954495349_6897754858175365393_n.jpg10361058_10201792954255343_3835698109193420393_n.jpg10363494_10201792953415322_5884263598123829890_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. I guess since it's an actual mask and not a prosthetic you're going with sculpted teeth on the mask instead of separately crafted teeth.

Yes, it's too hard to talk with the teeth in.
Does anybody have any info on clothing besides suit and hat?
I need info for what kind of shoes, undershirt, polka dot material. Any help greatly appreciated!

For the tie, look here.
Ipkiss Tie by Magnoli Clothiers

It's difficult to see clearly, but the shoes looks like they have tapered heels, like a cuban or cowboy type. They also seem to have a plain stitched toe cap, but it's hard to tell. On a budget a pair of blank beatle boots could work, but I don't know how exact you want it to be. Shiny Oxfords or Derbys could also do it.

Over the shoes he wears a pair of plain high white spats, probably leather or vinyl leather, with a button loop closure. These you can probably buy, but tailoring them to your shoes is pretty much necessary to get them to fit right. Spats are not really that difficult to make, but it helps to have someone pin the fabric while you wear the boot, as your foot changes shape depending on if you stand or sit down. Making a test run to perfect the pattern is a good idea if you're going to use leather of vinyl, as they're not easy to pin and altering the pattern when already put together can leave ugly marks. Drafting a pattern is easy enough, but if you want pointers, send me a pm and I'll try to dig up my own pattern.

The shirt has an extremely long collar and a decorative, dark stitch. That's all I got on that. If you can track down a shirt that looks right as far as the collar goes, you can add the stitch yourself.

The suspenders are old fashioned button fasteners, put on the inside. As they were bought of the shelf and don't seem to be available anymore, you might have to make your own. Tracing them from a Blueray copy of the movie and ordering them custom made from some store online might work.

That's pretty much all I have.
If you want to you could try contacting this guy.
The Mask (from the movie with Jim Carrey)

He's managed to track down the polka dot lining and a lot of other stuff. The only thing he seems to be missing are the suspenders. He might be able to help you with the polka dots.

Hope that helps.

We make the shirt and suit:

We've made these for customers in conjunction with John Penman doing the hats, so we know our colors match.

We could do the shoes for you as well if you want, no problem. Shoot me a message for more info.

Kind regards,
Indy

thats a great sculpt! its too bad about the teeth. have of the fun is doing the crazy expressions that Carrey does with the mask. I believe you can still comfortably wear the big cartoon teeth. the sculpt really looks like carrey!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back