The Marvels (2023)

I've heard and read a lot of negative things about this production (bad test screenings, supposed BTS drama) about characters that I'm close to indifferent about. Despite that the trailer actually looks good.

I'm optimistic but understandably cautious. Lightyear was also an amazing trailer that promised a film we didn't get. I want to have hope this time.

It's a very good trailer. I LOL'ed at the herd of flerkin.

Last edited:
I haven't watched it yet, but I did like Ms Marvel. I never read comics, so I get there was a change to that character or something for the show. The show, knowing nothing about the character, was pretty good IMO. I don't get why people dislike it.
I'm a longtime reader of the comics and I still loved the show. Some people are just never happy unless they have something to complain over.

I haven't watched it yet, but I did like Ms Marvel. I never read comics, so I get there was a change to that character or something for the show. The show, knowing nothing about the character, was pretty good IMO. I don't get why people dislike it.
I'm a longtime reader of the comics and I still loved the show. Some people are just never happy unless they have something to complain over.
I'm pretty sure it was Brie Larson's comments & grandstanding in the media that turned people off. Unfortunately, when celebs try to use their platform to preach the ways she did, it can overshadow the product they're hawking.

I'm pretty sure it was Brie Larson's comments & grandstanding in the media that turned people off. Unfortunately, when celebs try to use their platform to preach the ways she did, it can overshadow the product they're hawking.
Brie Larson was not in Ms Marvel but for about 15 seconds.

Also, her "comments and grandstanding" about women and minority media getting less access to MCU actors during press junkets were not wrong.

Brie Larson was not in Ms Marvel but for about 15 seconds.

Also, her "comments and grandstanding" about women and minority media getting less access to MCU actors during press junkets were not wrong.
I misread the OP. Totally thought they were referring to Captain Marvel. My bad.

Are the animators playing with us? The face here looks more like a Disney Princess than a real person. Looks fake in my iPad. How’s it going to look on the big screen.

IMG_1882.jpeg

Are the animators playing with us? The face here looks more like a Disney Princess than a real person. Looks fake in my iPad. How’s it going to look on the big screen.

View attachment 1690670
It's probably an unfinished shot, chances are that by the end it will get at least a couple more filters/settings and re-rendered. Photo real CG takes a lot to look photo real, just watch any demo reel from a major FX house and you'll see how many passes it takes to make a finished shot look real.

Oh, come on now.

It took an intern at least 30 minutes in Photoshop to put that poster together. That’s more effort than the interns usually put out.

Usually they’re in the writer’s room, dropping entire stories for She-Hulk in under 25 minutes.
Come on, they didn't use Photoshop. It looks like something that got slapped together in the free version of Canva.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back