The Martian Space Suit

Looks like you would be able to just use a black marker pen on the edges of a red webbing to get the same effect.

I thought the same, but I fear it would be quite difficult getting a fine line between the two colors and since the black ink would have to go fairly deep into the webbing it could easily bleed over that line.

But I don't know, I'm new to this.

I thought the same, but I fear it would be quite difficult getting a fine line between the two colors and since the black ink would have to go fairly deep into the webbing it could easily bleed over that line.

But I don't know, I'm new to this.

I think buying an already trimmed webbing is much better.

The Helmet is officially finished,
Pressure Helmet Assembly.JPGMan-N-Helmet-2.JPGMan-N-Helmet-4.JPG
I will be converting the files.

20151026_190143.png

I knew it, Andy Weir uploaded a picture of the Beck suit where you can see the FC41A buckles that were hidden inside the battle belt of the Watney suit. I'm still not sure if there are two more on the back side of the belt but at least we know there's more buckles. I can get those FC41A from the same German retailer as the red webbing for about 2€ each in case anyone in Europe would be interested.

I knew it, Andy Weir uploaded a picture of the Beck suit where you can see the FC41A buckles that were hidden inside the battle belt of the Watney suit. I'm still not sure if there are two more on the back side of the belt but at least we know there's more buckles. I can get those FC41A from the same German retailer as the red webbing for about 2€ each in case anyone in Europe would be interested.

Very hard to tell, but it looks like the one on the right side is actually asymmetrical and not the symmetrical ones.

Sorry Guys for the delayed response on the wrist comp. Have had a few crazy weeks. I've ran my files through my slicer and printed out a few parts. The details, seem a bit too fine for my slicers to pick up. I was getting missing surfaces when it actually printed. So I'm beefing up a few features to make it more robust anyways. Thickening some surfaces from 0.75mm to 1.0mm won't make a big difference in look, but should help out with the overall robustness.

Will be working on this later this week. I haven't heard back from the other guys that printed my test files. But just wanted to give a heads up.

Also wanted to add a files of what I think the screen accurate part break up looks like. Each color I think is 1 solid part, that was painted to look like separate parts. I wasn't originally going to break it up this way. But it seems that it may be best in terms of getting all the detail needed.

Part_BreakUp.jpg

Last edited:
Thank to Soulinertia for posting these buckles in Bedon292's thread which confirms two asymmetrical FC42A buckles hidden inside each side of the belt.

Link to comment here.

Soulinertia said:
They are both the asymmetrical versions. As you can see below they have been threaded the opposite way on Watney's suit:

asymmetrical.jpg

Attachments

• asymmetrical.jpg
    asymmetrical.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 92
  • asymmetrical.jpg
    asymmetrical.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 55
  • asymmetrical.jpg
    asymmetrical.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 55
  • asymmetrical.jpg
    asymmetrical.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 53
  • asymmetrical.jpg
    asymmetrical.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 59
  • asymmetrical.jpg
    asymmetrical.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back