Limited Run The Martian Mark Watney Helmet Kit , Now taking payments for run 3, intrest for run 4

DarkJedi1500

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
******EDIT 7/17/2018*****

Hi Everybody. I've had a few people pinging me about Watney helmet kits the last few days. Right now I am swamped with Dragon*Con prep and other personal life stuff, plus I recently acquired a 3d printer so I would like to resculpt the head lamps. It will likely be early 2019 before I can offer kits again. Since that is so far out, I am not going to maintain an interest list until I know how many helmets I can offer. Thank you for your patience.

Hey everyone. So I have gotten a lot of request for Martian components since I built my suit. I’ve been hesitant to offer a run because these parts are very labor intensive and use a fair amount of material. However, seeing how quickly my last on hand kit went I am going to try and offer a few.

This is for a full helmet kit to reproduce a Mark Watney helmet from the 2015 film The Martian. Everything else you need to make a wearable helmet can be found at your local Home Depot, Walmart, and Automotive Store. Here is what you will be receiving:

• -Fiberglass main helmet. This is cast from two layers of grey ApoxiCoat and reinforced with two layers of Apoximite and glass cloth. Free form air is used in all the sharp corners, preventing gaps between the gel coat and the fiber. The helmet is stronger and lighter than a slush cast piece.
  • -Helmet Side Lamps. These are roto cast 65D. They are hollow so the wire for the flashlight can be run through and into the helmet.
  • -PETG Visors: You will get the pull for the exterior main visor and the inner gold visor. The exterior visor is pre-trimmed while the inner visor is marked for where to cut it. I also include a strip of styrene for the silver band on the inner visor.
  • -Hex Head Socket Head Screws. Used to hold the side lamps on. You can’t get these at the hardware store.
  • -Vinyl “2” decals: The decals for the side lamps. Made of cut vinyl
  • -Water Slide Decal Sheet: All the clear background decals needed for the helmet.
  • -Vinyl Decals: Automotive grade print of Captain April’s decal design.
  • -Fabric Sample: The fabric needed for the head band in the helmet.
  • -LED Strip and Connectors: the amber lights that illuminate your face in the helmet.
  • -Instruction Guide: Helpful tips on what you will need to buy to complete the helmet.
I will also include a resin rotocast potato Note: I will not include potatoes past run 1. They will be available as a separate item in the future.

The cost of each kit will be $325 shipped in the continental US. Kits are shipped via UPS so I need your actual address, no PO boxes.

These will be made after paypal payment is received. I will order the raw materials after the first kit is ordered, so please allow 2-3 weeks for your kit. These are very labor intensive to make.

36014645440_29a9cecea9.jpg
DSC02494 by 2StoryProps, on Flickr

36014642210_8d6ee7d3fe.jpg
DSC02496 by 2StoryProps, on Flickr

36014641200_08496eab90.jpg
DSC02497 by 2StoryProps, on Flickr

36014639470_a0bb50c2ec.jpg
DSC02498 by 2StoryProps, on Flickr

36014637580_87d1ec5a2f.jpg
DSC02499 by 2StoryProps, on Flickr

36366067536_e70e8577ee.jpg
DSC02501 by 2StoryProps, on Flickr

29372659675_c55bfb0eb8.jpg
DSCN9057_edit by 2StoryProps, on Flickr

Run 1
1. BlindVoyerur - Shipped 9/6/17
2. Talsiri - Shipped 9/6/2017
3. Soulinertia - Shipped 9/7/2017
4. mbmcfarlad -Shipped 9/6/2017
5. usaeatt2 - Shipped 9/6/2017
6. BrianM - Shipped 9/6/2017

Run 2
  1. RhinoAcual - Shipped 9/26/2017
  2. throwmetheidol - Shipped 9/26/2017
  3. speederbiker - Shipped 9/26/2017
  4. FiresprayPilot - Shipped 9/26/2017
  5. FuseNova - Shipped 9/26/2017
  6. darthwhitey - Shipped 9/26/2017

Run 3

1. Funky - Paid - shipped
  2. Walter - Paid - shipped

Last edited:
Re: The Martian Mark Watney Surface Suit Helmet Kit Run of 3

First Payment has been received so I am starting the order for materials. I have one spot pending and one spot still open.

Too slow! I'll take one if any become available. Ready to pay whenever you are.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Too slow! I'll take one if any become available. Ready to pay whenever you are.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sent you a PM about a 4th kit. This is as many as I can accept while being able to ship by early September. If there are any additional kits produced they will be avalible in November at the earliest.

Thanks everybody!

I'm in as well if you choose to do another run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: The Martian Mark Watney Helmet Kit , Run 1 Full, taking interest for Run 2

Please add me for the future run. Thanks.

Please add me to your interest list for a future run. I'm definitely in for one helmet.

Thanks.

interested, please add me.

Would you be willing to trade a helmet for a full set of the aluminum connectors and details for the helmet and suit?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back