Limited Run The Mandalorian Blaster, screen accurate (TWO LEFT before)

I am serious and will commit !! Great Blaster...
Consider me committed
Noted, thanks!

Definitely interested!
Interested 100%
interested

Just a small note since you're writing "interested". IF by some chance you haven't read all the info, PLEASE DO ASAP. I need folks either 100% IN/committed or not. No dropouts for this except in the cases stated so that I can properly gauge the project. Thanks!

Totally interested in the metal version
I'm interested in a metal version
Metal will likely be an upgrade option IF it happens, will probably only be the barrel (sans muzzle), receiver and grip frame, and as stated, the cost may DOUBLE. My thinking is that I could have the same foundry that's doing my Beskar ingots also cast the blaster parts.

I'm pretty far along with some parts, but also taking my time with the build. Each episode so far has revealed more details to me, so I'm not going to rush it just to "get it out there". : )

Looking forward to some pics
I don't think I'm too far off from having a couple test printed parts. (I wonder how much I'll want to rebuild after episode 5, haha.) I DID confirm yesterday that I can print the entire lower receiver (without the gripframe and grips, which will be separate) in two halves without having to split them up unnaturally, which is nice.

The only hurdle preventing me on getting on board is the fact that I live in Canada. I wouldn't want to risk something like this getting seized by Customs.

The only hurdle preventing me on getting on board is the fact that I live in Canada. I wouldn't want to risk something like this getting seized by Customs.
As I recall, Canadian gun laws don't apply to replicas of firearms that don't exist in the real world. (It's been a while since I checked, but that's how it was a few years ago though.) RPFer drslurpee used to be pretty knowledgeable about these things.

In theory since the blaster is based off a Bergmann 1894 which uses cartridge based ammunition it would be classed as a “current model firearm” I believe which would mean that replicas of it would be not allowed, given the minimal modifications made to it. That said though, I doubt it would be recognized as a real gun by anyone but an expert and I bet it would be assumed to be some sci-fi weapon based on its strange look.

Would be interested in a fully finished painted version (as have zero artistic ability lol)
IF I find time to do buildups on commission (which I very rarely do), with simulated blued metal finish and the works, the cost would be 3-4X the kit, at least.
will keep an eye on the thread in case you end up doing the metal one
The receiver is being made in two halves, with a separate grip frame (and the slide, sights, hammer and detail parts separate), so at least the receiver and grip frame should be castable by the foundry I'm working with on the Beskar ingots. However, they do sand-casting, which means the parts will need a lot of hand-polishing to become smooth, which is expensive and runs the risk of dulling edges. The surface would also still have some pitting that would need to be filled by putty- not a problem since it'll be painted anyway. From my past talks with them, I would guess that the raw metal parts (two receiver halves and grip frame) would likely cost 1-3X of the base resin kit alone, doing just a few (and I'm a hobbyist, not a business, so I'm not in a position to farm them out to China or something). I'm going to ask the foundry about, but I don't know if it'll be worth it if a partial metal kit ends up costing 700-1K or whatever it lands on.

Interested in metal version definitely! possibly resin just depending on quality.
Se above. No need to declare interest in a metal version. The resin copy is definitely happening and the metal option will only be an upgrade/addon if it happens, and has no "minimum needed". Just keep watching the thread to see IF it happens.

As for the resin, again see earlier posts. The resin with be printed on professional machines, screen accurate and top-notch. You need to be either 100% in/committed or not. You either trust I can deliver because of past projects or you don't. (For those who don't commit, but decide they want one later, the cost will be higher if I still do them.)

This thread needs more photos
Agreed! But since I'm aiming to have the most accurate version out there (as per usual, or I don't think it's worth doing) I'm not going to rush it. I'm even hesitant posting 3d renders until there's something really nice to show. That said, here's a recent render:
1576158453827.png

The major parts are still being blocked out, since very episode so far has revealed something new. I haven't even started on the internals or minor detailing.

Also... most photos and progress will be contained in the build thread:
Mando Blaster in multiple parts, Real Metal Beskar Ingot and Whatever Else I End Up Doing...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back