Limited Run The Mandalorian: Anodized Aluminum Darksaber Hilt - UPDATE 07/08 NOW IN PRODUCTION - **RUN FULL**

I would like to get in on a current run or future run waitlist. I’m new to this, so please let me know how to acquire your darksaber hilt. I would then like to get a blade from Saber Trade. These are some great looking products!!

Hello everyone- new to the forum and happy to join a loyal and enthusiastic community. I spoke recently to Saber trade and was given a lot of information about how these runs work and how one where to get started. I know one just finished and it may take time to start another one. I am just here to announce I am interested and also willing to kick start the communication of starting another run down the road. Again new to the process and how this forum works so very open to suggestions and guidance on how this all works. I am looking to purchase a full dark saber and get a custom one. I know buying the hilt and the blade is done separately but trying to get in the right direction on how this all works.

Again I know this takes time and participation but after seeing the success of previous runs- I'm definitely interested in keeping these projects going.

Thanks and hope to engage with you all in some capacity. :cool:

Hello everyone- new to the forum and happy to join a loyal and enthusiastic community. I spoke recently to Saber trade and was given a lot of information about how these runs work and how one where to get started. I know one just finished and it may take time to start another one. I am just here to announce I am interested and also willing to kick start the communication of starting another run down the road. Again new to the process and how this forum works so very open to suggestions and guidance on how this all works. I am looking to purchase a full dark saber and get a custom one. I know buying the hilt and the blade is done separately but trying to get in the right direction on how this all works.

Again I know this takes time and participation but after seeing the success of previous runs- I'm definitely interested in keeping these projects going.

Thanks and hope to engage with you all in some capacity. :cool:
GBlantern88 welcome to the forum!

This run only recently completed.
There are no immediate plans for a second run. A few members have expressed interest, however I don’t want to start an interest list/ thread until I can focus the time and energy it takes to complete it.

Thanks for the post and interest!

Malibu

91348EDC-1E83-4231-8424-CF9B5EBAFC34.png
I am beyond excited to share that my Malibu darksaber lights up!

That is soooo awesome! I am jealous since I have not had a chance to build mine out. The blade is the best of the best and I am so thankful Devin at TheSaberTrade agreed to supply them for this run.

I just finished my build today, this hilt is perfect and made for a pretty easy build overall, even within the more confined "workspace" vs a traditional saber hilt. There were a few very minor things needed on the chassis as it was provided from shapeways (not shadowfoil's fault, the design is great), such as drilling the hole all the way through for the rear pommel bolt (seemed to have excess material clogging the hole), cleaning/tapping the threads in the plunger attachment, and some minor filing/sanding in a few areas for fitment.

I added eight 1/16" vent holes in the side of the hilt over the speaker for more volume and it made quite a difference, probably not a mod for everyone but with careful drilling & touch-up paint application the holes are barely noticeable. I'm itching to build another one, anyone have one they want built out? lol

Quick cell phone video just because:

I just finished my build today, this hilt is perfect and made for a pretty easy build overall, even within the more confined "workspace" vs a traditional saber hilt. There were a few very minor things needed on the chassis as it was provided from shapeways (not shadowfoil's fault, the design is great), such as drilling the hole all the way through for the rear pommel bolt (seemed to have excess material clogging the hole), cleaning/tapping the threads in the plunger attachment, and some minor filing/sanding in a few areas for fitment.

I added eight 1/16" vent holes in the side of the hilt over the speaker for more volume and it made quite a difference, probably not a mod for everyone but with careful drilling & touch-up paint application the holes are barely noticeable. I'm itching to build another one, anyone have one they want built out? lol

Quick cell phone video just because:

Looking fantastic! I love the DIY additions. Devins( TheSaberTrade) blade is so awesome!
Life is slowing me down on finishing mine out. Plan to put some time to building it over the holidays. Thanks for the motivation!
Malibu

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back