Limited Run The Mandalorian: Anodized Aluminum Darksaber Hilt - UPDATE 07/08 NOW IN PRODUCTION - **RUN FULL**

shadowfoil

Some photo reference for people doing their own installs

1656196614534.png

1656196702660.png

1656196797387.png

TheSaberTrade

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi y’all.
My current fully installed setup is up for sale.
Installed with CFX and comes with blade.

If you missed out on this run and would like to get the whole thing no fuss. Send me a DM.

This is the prototype and is weathered.

I am currently still working on the blades, there has been some delays with the 3D printing of the blade stem and it’s pushing my schedule back and now it’s overlapping with our move. So I’m juggling quite a lot at the moment so bare with me.

13330357-88A2-4770-B21F-83DA48BF0DCC.jpeg

Finns Forge

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Any update on the blades?
I have the same question, but while I was waiting I was hoping to get some answers on the chassis. I received the file from Shadowfoil, and was excited to begin. I looked at the Shapeways shop for a quick guide on the parts. Found it and continued. I was fortunate I had a lot of the parts already. What I could not find was the setup guide on how the blade and chassis will meet. Still, knowing the blades are not in the mail I thought I would have time to find out. What surprised me was the chassis. Is the file specifically designed for a certain extrusion and material? I printed in resin (with lots of sanding), and FDM to only find out that a 18650 will not fit in the formats I used. Will, there be instructions on assembly; and the connection for the blade to the chassis? Lastly, I hope an announcement will be made with a timeline for the blades?

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 34

Malibu139

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have the same question, but while I was waiting I was hoping to get some answers on the chassis. I received the file from Shadowfoil, and was excited to begin. I looked at the Shapeways shop for a quick guide on the parts. Found it and continued. I was fortunate I had a lot of the parts already. What I could not find was the setup guide on how the blade and chassis will meet. Still, knowing the blades are not in the mail I thought I would have time to find out. What surprised me was the chassis. Is the file specifically designed for a certain extrusion and material? I printed in resin (with lots of sanding), and FDM to only find out that a 18650 will not fit in the formats I used. Will, there be instructions on assembly; and the connection for the blade to the chassis? Lastly, I hope an announcement will be made with a timeline for the blades?
Hey there, I don’t have all the details but I can help you with some of this.

shadowfoil has attached a picture above with parts and where they go. On that it shows where the 16650 battery goes. Due to the size limitation of the inside of the hilt, we opted for a 16650 so that the chassis is stringer around the battery. Once blades are shipped the blade connection should be as straight forward as installing the pcb into the top of the hilt. It’s just a normal 1” blade pcb squeezed into a small rectangle.

As for blade timeline I have no info. I’m sure once The Saber Trade has a definitive timeline he will share it. He seems very busy at the moment, and I don’t mind waiting for the best darksaber blade on the market.:)

Hope this is of help!

Thanks,
Malibu

shadowfoil

Here is a cross section to show how the blade/chassis mate up

1656465122904.png

The chassis is designed with SLS Nylon printing in mind, but tolerances on resin should be similar, just more fragile. FDM is possible but may require some post processing. The chassis only accepts a 16650 battery as there was limited space inside and 18650 would not clear the hilt inner diameter with room for wires around it.

skoota73

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm letting go of my Darksaber hilt if anyone's still looking to get their hands on one. Haven't been able to have anything done to it so it's just collecting dust.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.