Limited Run The Mandalorian: Anodized Aluminum Darksaber Hilt - UPDATE 07/08 NOW IN PRODUCTION - **RUN FULL**

Just want to give everyone a friendly heads up if you ever plan to carry the hilt attached to a belt clip. The provided d-ring is very soft and flexible. I almost had a disaster after walking around with it for a few hours. The movement was enough to open the ring and it nearly fell. I had a mini heart attack moment thinking it may wreck the finish or connector on the floor Luckily I caught it and no harm done. But you may want to replace the ring with a steel one, or fasten it more securely somehow.

Attachments

• C8ABAC48-1428-45C0-B196-FE25C0C2D369.jpeg
    C8ABAC48-1428-45C0-B196-FE25C0C2D369.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
Just want to give everyone a friendly heads up if you ever plan to carry the hilt attached to a belt clip. The provided d-ring is very soft and flexible. I almost had a disaster after walking around with it for a few hours. The movement was enough to open the ring and it nearly fell. I had a mini heart attack moment thinking it may wreck the finish or connector on the floor Luckily I caught it and no harm done. But you may want to replace the ring with a steel one, or fasten it more securely somehow.

In the invoice I left a note saying that there was a second D-ring included and pre stretched for functional use. We designed the screen accurate ring for display only. Below is a little more info:

A screen accurate D-ring comes installed on the hilt for looks. We do not recommend using this for belt use. Included in the box is a D-ring you can install if you want more stability with a belt clip.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Malibu

In the invoice I left a note saying that there was a second D-ring included and pre stretched for functional use. We designed the screen accurate ring for display only. Below is a little more info:

A screen accurate D-ring comes installed on the hilt for looks. We do not recommend using this for belt use. Included in the box is a D-ring you can install if you want more stability with a belt clip.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Malibu
Thanks for the reply Malibu. I did see the other ring but must have missed the note. I didn’t mean to come off as negative. Just didn’t want anyone to have the heartbreak of my almost mistake.

No worries maly93 ! I understand the concern for sure. I just wanted to post the info here because if you missed it others might have as well.

I’d also hope the mil-spec type II anodizing would hold up to a drop haha;)

Last edited:
No worries maly93 ! I understand the concern for sure. I just wanted to post the info here because if you missed it others might have as well.

I’d also hope the mil-spec type II anodizing would hold up to a drop haha;)
Fair point! I guess I’d be more worried about the fine emitter edge and especially the plastic portion. Finish does feel VERY durable though. I like the texture.

Sorry must have missed it in the flurry of posts over the last few days. What can I answer and I will do my best ?
Hey Malibu,

No worries. So actually my main question was answered in regards to electronics, the saber is just the chassis. I’ve never built a saber so I’m sorta lost. Really thought this saber was an actual built one but my bad on that.

What parts do we need to get to finish the saber. Ideally I’d like the best stuff for this. Anything you can share would be most helpful.

One last thing, was there any plans to have a stand for the saber or anything you guys additionally making for this saber that might be in the works ect?

Thanks Malibu

Hey Malibu,

No worries. So actually my main question was answered in regards to electronics, the saber is just the chassis. I’ve never built a saber so I’m sorta lost. Really thought this saber was an actual built one but my bad on that.

What parts do we need to get to finish the saber. Ideally I’d like the best stuff for this. Anything you can share would be most helpful.

One last thing, was there any plans to have a stand for the saber or anything you guys additionally making for this saber that might be in the works ect?

Thanks Malibu
It would probably difficult for a saber manufacturer to outline the entire build if they didn’t want to be biased on what electronics to put inside. I’m in a similar boat as you as I am fairly new to installing as you are. It was overwhelming at first but after watching hundreds of videos about this hobby and reading through forums I’m pretty well caught up. It’s really on you to do the homework and make sure you fully understand what components your buying and what they do in the grand scheme.

For putting a shopping list together usually the saber manufacturer doesn’t make a electronics parts list. That’s the responsibility of the chassis designer(the inside of the saber which tends to be 3d printed either fdm for cheaper “eco chassis” or in more exotic materials sometimes polished metal, my dream build is a “Rudy pando Roman MK1 crystal reveal” which is showcased well on YouTube. Either way someone designs a chassis to put inside a specific saber and they have electronics intended to be used in the build.

Most builds tend to have
Soundboard - Brain that not only has sound files but also usually has motion and light control. I lean proffie but CFX is also popular.
Speaker
Battery
Switches - sometimes provided in the hilt by the manufacturer, sometimes not.
LED light source - either in the hilt flashlight style or an neopixel led strip in the blade which require more connectors if the blade is to be removable.
Also polycarbonate blades are usually 1inch or 7/8 depending on the hilt.

It’s a lot to think about, but a lot of people do it. For some it’s way out of their wheelhouse and they support installers and pay them to do their builds.

Other experienced members, did I miss anything?

Hey Malibu,

Thanks Malibu

Sweatshop has posted some really good starting points. For our hilt the chassis is going to require these parts: 18650 battery, cfx soundboard(likely proffie as well), battery tabs, 3 pin molex connector, 1.3mm charge port, 1.3mm to 2.1mm charge adapter, kill switch, 28mm flat speaker, and a small tactile button. The button wil have to be used with a plunger button on the outside of the hilt so that the chassis is removable.

The chassis design is done at this point, we are just having TheSaberTrade wire one up so that we can test all of this out. Once he completes that we can get you a more detailed list of parts along with links. (I do recommend ordering a cfx asap from The Custom Saber Shop online if you want one, they sell out often)

We might design a stand for the saber and release the files for anyone to 3D print. If there is enough demand we could get a nice 3D print from shapeways, but there are also many stands already available.

Hope this was informative and helpful!
Thanks,
Malibu

I wasn't particularly interested in this saber as it appeared in the animated shows but now that it looks like its going to play a large role in the Mandalorian of course I want one but dragged my feet too long :(

Count me in if another run of 25 happens.

Received my today! Excellent work, kudos to you Malibu139!
Just got mine in!

What a fantastic piece from prop to how it was packed and presented.

Fantastic work!

Glad you two got yours ok!
Thanks for letting me know and thank you for the feedback.

I wasn't particularly interested in this saber as it appeared in the animated shows but now that it looks like its going to play a large role in the Mandalorian of course I want one but dragged my feet too long :(

Count me in if another run of 25 happens.
We PM'ed thanks !

Just received my hilt... love it! Beautiful work!

Thank you
Thank You tk 9464 for letting me know! Really glad you like it!
I think all but one are delivered and I am in contact with him and its moving (slowly but steadily) to his location.

To the remaining folks on this run I have been getting requests here, through pm and elsewhere for a second run.
I just want the remaining folks on this run to know the laser focus right now is getting them squared away with finished hilts in hands ASAP.

I am considering a second run and should be posting another limited run interest thread soon.
Just want everyone on this run to be assured they are the priority when that interest list is posted.
Look for continued updates here soon on this run.

As always thanks for the support!

Malibu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back