Limited Run The Mandalorian: Anodized Aluminum Darksaber Hilt - UPDATE 07/08 NOW IN PRODUCTION - **RUN FULL**

Got mine as well. Thank you. It's pretty slick.

Are the grips supposed to be all black? Thought it'd be dark grey with black. Maybe I missed a conversation around that?

Any ideas on where I can find the white button that's shown in the renders and the show? Kinda regret not getting a blade and having an install done for this. I imagine it's way too late to get a blade?

Got mine as well. Thank you. It's pretty slick.

Are the grips supposed to be all black? Thought it'd be dark grey with black. Maybe I missed a conversation around that?

Any ideas on where I can find the white button that's shown in the renders and the show? Kinda regret not getting a blade and having an install done for this. I imagine it's way too late to get a blade?
It is surface prepped so the raised parts look different in different lighting as in the show.
Under some lighting it will appear more gray and in others it will appear more one- tone black.
Pics below to try to illustrate.

Here are links to the recommended button.

Raised plunger style
Short black button w/ white ring

You could reach out to Devon at thesabertrade maybe he can do another.

Two toned:
B4BA1407-416E-4EC4-8CFE-17DAB261BA9D.png

7D708460-9DA1-44FE-BD9C-6B4ED36B5828.jpeg

in some cases it appears more one tone:

3F8F66DB-C7BD-4EEB-AD9E-5B5AFF9B27C6.png

67F756CD-7E05-4EC7-A998-107BCA8E59EC.jpeg

Thanks for the support !

Malibu

That saber looks incredible!!

Any chance you would offer a 3D printed version like your prototype? I can’t afford a metal one but I’d love to have a version to display, even if it’s a resin 3D version.

Any time frame at this point for the second half to go out? (this is said out of curiosity and not 'are we there yet?' :)

Any time frame at this point for the second half to go out? (this is said out of curiosity and not 'are we there yet?' :)
Appreciate your added context there at the end, I really do.

The next steps are :
1. Surface prep remaining hilts ( this is in process and also is the longest part due to each piece being individually treated )
2. Anodizing- this is quoted as up to 2 week turnaround but it has been faster.
3. Final invoices sent , then packed and shipped.

I am going to put it at an estimated 3-4 weeks for final invoices to be sent, with shipping quickly following payment.

Any other questions feel free to ask away

Thanks

Malibu

Apologies for the delay on the results off the install. It's an unusual/unique setup and we're working with a 3rd party on the chassis so there's a lot of communication back and fourth. Some changes are being made and even a custom PCB is in the works now. Will have updates soon.

Definitely excited to see a possible second run of these! Count me in if so!
Thank you .

Working to get the last few pieces surface prepped in order to be able to take them to be anodized.
Trying very hard to get that completed this week
Will keep everyone updated

Once more progress is made there I will look to the future limited run.

Thanks all.

Appreciate your added context there at the end, I really do.

The next steps are :
1. Surface prep remaining hilts ( this is in process and also is the longest part due to each piece being individually treated )
2. Anodizing- this is quoted as up to 2 week turnaround but it has been faster.
3. Final invoices sent , then packed and shipped.

I am going to put it at an estimated 3-4 weeks for final invoices to be sent, with shipping quickly following payment.

Any other questions feel free to ask away

Thanks

Malibu
Hi, is this estimate looking accurate still?

Hi, is this estimate looking accurate still?
I had a few things come up but do not worry as all things are still well. The time line is going to be pushed back a couple of weeks. I’m still actively working on and prepping all of the pieces. Looking to have them ready for the anodizer next week or so. I will keep everyone updated and will post here once I am ready to take the second batch to the anodizer.

On another note, chassis progress is good. We have a couple cool additions that The Saber Trade and I have decided on. We’re taking our time on it so that it meets the standards of other chassis on the market. I will keep you updated on that as well.

Hope this answers your question and addresses any others some of you may have had.

Thanks,
Malibu

Hi! Has anyone installed theirs yet? I'm hoping to have mine ready by Star Wars Celebration, on Memorial Day Weekend. I'd love to talk to you if you are an installer or know of one who could do this. (Also if there are any blades still available)

should be getting close :)
Apologies for lack of updates in the last few weeks. I’ll do a better job updating until this is done!

I’m hoping to be close as well. The machinist still has a few of the parts because I sent them back to be cleaned up in a few places. (Mainly small cosmetics that I personally want to be perfect, no machining required) 50% of the pieces have been surface prepped already and are ready for anodizing. I’m going over to the shop Monday, I will update here once they are acquired.

Thanks,
Malibu

If there’s anyone still in need of a blade feel free to send me a message so we can get this ball rolling. Only a limited quantity remain!
-Devin

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back