Limited Run The Mandalorian: Anodized Aluminum Darksaber Hilt - UPDATE 07/08 NOW IN PRODUCTION - **RUN FULL**

Can we get a status update on the blades. I placed a deposit back in December, but haven't heard anything for a while now.

Thanks
Oh for sure.

Right now the blades for this hilt are awaiting the stems and PCBs. Currently a designer is working out the details with the chassis and blade stem/connector. Our first attempts weren’t that great with the practical tests of the molex connectors. Alignment issues mostly.

The PCBs are designed and now we’re just waiting on the final tests of the chassis and stem.

-Devin

Hello everyone!

I am excited to say that I now have the entirety of the saber hilts in hand and they look perfect! I can now begin the process of hand finish prepping the rest of the second batch. I should be able to complete this by the end of this week meaning I can take the parts to anodizing next week. After that it should be smooth sailing from there.

If anyone has any questions please let me know! I am very excited to get these into everyone’s hands!

Thanks,
Malibu

Oh for sure.

Right now the blades for this hilt are awaiting the stems and PCBs. Currently a designer is working out the details with the chassis and blade stem/connector. Our first attempts weren’t that great with the practical tests of the molex connectors. Alignment issues mostly.

The PCBs are designed and now we’re just waiting on the final tests of the chassis and stem.

-Devin
This is going to be a great solution for sure! I can’t wait for the final result.

If anyone is on the fence about a blade please get with Devin now!

- Malibu

This is going to be a great solution for sure! I can’t wait for the final result.

If anyone is on the fence about a blade please get with Devin now!

- Malibu
If you can't tell... I'm just a little excited about this :) . The hilt turned out beautiful and I can't wait to see the final pieces come together... okay, I'll figure out how to wait (because from what I've seen so far, it's worth it)... but you know... excited... and waiting :).

If you can't tell... I'm just a little excited about this :) . The hilt turned out beautiful and I can't wait to see the final pieces come together... okay, I'll figure out how to wait (because from what I've seen so far, it's worth it)... but you know... excited... and waiting :).
I am excited as well! Once this is completed and everyone has their hilts I can get to do some cosplay with my personal hilt! (Which is one of the last hilts produced as I want all customers/supporters satisfied first)

- Malibu

Oh for sure.

-Devin
I messaged Devin about a blade ages ago and no reply. If they are available I still am in need of one.

Has there been any news (I’ve heard few things from people but nothing concrete)on chassis for this hilt? Is there one available, who’s doing it up, costs ect. Thanks in advance.

I messaged Devin about a blade ages ago and no reply. If they are available I still am in need of one.
I believe they are still available. If you haven't already I would attempt to message him on facebook. If you have then let me know and I will message him myself.

Hope this helps you!

- Malibu

Has there been any news (I’ve heard few things from people but nothing concrete)on chassis for this hilt? Is there one available, who’s doing it up, costs ect. Thanks in advance.
There isn't any real big updates on the chassis at the moment. The designer has gotten most of it down already and will be building it soon. The PCB designer is also close to being done. Once both of these parts are completed we will do a full build. The projected cost for the PCBs at the moment is around $10 but that is subject to change.

Thanks,
Malibu

Good news everyone!

All parts are currently at the anodizer. They are going to work on them as soon as they can! Once they are ready we will send out more info and invoices soon thereafter.

The pcbs have been finalized and will cost $10 each. If you want an extra pcb on top of your blade let me and Devin know. The pcb is incredibly small, 5.25mm wide to be exact, and can take 9A of power. I’m very excited!

As more info comes in I will update here. Check back often!

Thanks,
Malibu

muppets kermit GIF

yeaaahhhhhh!

Hellooooo,
We got the first puppy installed today! Quite a bit of back a fourth, some differences in the CAD model vs the real thing so I had to just send it off and stop being the middle man for once lol. Happy with its functionality, were just waiting on the PCBs which the prototype will be in hand soon, and the rest will be here in about 3-4 weeks. So a little bit longer than I had guessed but on the whole not too bad. We had originally intended on using Molex Connectors but had trouble with alignment. I am also waiting on more LED strips which i ordered a while ago so those should be here soon.

Some details about this build.
Removable chassis by Shadowfoil Props
Sam also did the install. very clean work 10/10
CFX single button setup
28mm KR Sabers speaker
16650 Keeppower battery
Blade will be fixed as soon as PCBs arrive.

There are a few custom modifications I did to my hit because I'm extra. The singe bolt holding the emitter on wasn't doing it for me and the pin was a bit offset leaving me a gap. In the last pic you'll see I countersunk that area and I now feed a machine screw into the body accessible through the emitter opening. Made the whole thing rock solid!

I also drilled out extra sound venting holes. Im really happy with the way it sounds and how the whole thing came together.

This is also the "tester" hilt so it doesn't have the same finish as the rest. It's been buffed up and sanded and polished in some areas. I kinda like it personally but with the chassis being removable I'm still able to send it off for anodizing or powder coating any time I wish.

I do plan on selling this one actually after I get it back blade and all if anyone is interested.

Thanks for looking.
~Devin

Attachments

• 278656242_1145436236242802_4995738222045584669_n.jpg
    278656242_1145436236242802_4995738222045584669_n.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 278677797_558508325579567_4818938158037211893_n.jpg
    278677797_558508325579567_4818938158037211893_n.jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 279061507_1436842600075754_9028945525664677127_n.jpg
    279061507_1436842600075754_9028945525664677127_n.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 278616299_377471477639157_5089043127178821712_n.jpg
    278616299_377471477639157_5089043127178821712_n.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 272134452_696629188127879_9174114635883557297_n.jpg
    272134452_696629188127879_9174114635883557297_n.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 124
Just planning ahead a bit and trying to clarify a bit... I have one of the first rounds of hilts in hand and have a blade on order. From the original description, it looks like the 3d printed chassis is included... is that access to the files, or an actual print? One of the earlier post suggested there would be a DIY version and PNP... is this still the case? And does the PNP version include the speaker, battery, CFX and wiring?

Just planning ahead a bit and trying to clarify a bit... I have one of the first rounds of hilts in hand and have a blade on order. From the original description, it looks like the 3d printed chassis is included... is that access to the files, or an actual print? One of the earlier post suggested there would be a DIY version and PNP... is this still the case? And does the PNP version include the speaker, battery, CFX and wiring?

The 3d printed chassis will be included for everyone who bought a blade. It will be available by a file and an FDM print. This chassis will be DIY. No electronics will be included, just the pcb for the blade and chassis. If you’re in the first run we will ship you the chassis and pcb with the blade from The Saber Trade. This will be the same for the second run.

Let me know if you have anymore questions and I hope this helped!

Thanks,
Malibu

For clarity, I will be providing both a Proffie and and CFX version of the chassis to Malibu139 for distribution. I will also have this item available in my Shapeways shop for ordering with SLS Nylon. Since most of you will have the file anyways you're welcome to simply print it via Shapeways yourself but if you wanted to support my work ordering through my shop would give me a little bit of a kickback.

The chassis is designed to be fully removable, but access to the Soundboard, RCP, and the Kill Switch is possible by removing the pommel while leaving the chassis in place.

The FX install parts list is as follows:
  • Proffie or CFX
  • 28mm Premium Speaker (not the bass ones) available via TCSS or The Saber Armory
  • 1.3mm RCP
  • Kill Switch
  • KeepPower 16650 Protected Button Top Battery
  • 1010-1 and 1016-1 Keystone Battery Contacts
  • Low Profile Brass Tactile Switch (shortest one on The Saber Armory)
  • Custom PCB provided by Malibu139

For clarity, I will be providing both a Proffie and and CFX version of the chassis to Malibu139 for distribution. I will also have this item available in my Shapeways shop for ordering with SLS Nylon. Since most of you will have the file anyways you're welcome to simply print it via Shapeways yourself but if you wanted to support my work ordering through my shop would give me a little bit of a kickback.

The chassis is designed to be fully removable, but access to the Soundboard, RCP, and the Kill Switch is possible by removing the pommel while leaving the chassis in place.

The FX install parts list is as follows:
  • Proffie or CFX
  • 28mm Premium Speaker (not the bass ones) available via TCSS or The Saber Armory
  • 1.3mm RCP
  • Kill Switch
  • KeepPower 16650 Protected Button Top Battery
  • 1010-1 and 1016-1 Keystone Battery Contacts
  • Low Profile Brass Tactile Switch (shortest one on The Saber Armory)
  • Custom PCB provided by Malibu139
I’m definitely interested in purchasing a chassis from you. What’s the price point and unless I missed it, link to shop or site would be wonderful.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back