Limited Run The Mandalorian: Anodized Aluminum Darksaber Hilt - UPDATE 07/08 NOW IN PRODUCTION - **RUN FULL**

Hey Malibu139 when should we be expecting the final invoices for the balance due?

Hey there, the expected invoice will be paid once we are 100% ready to ship. Meaning the hilts will all be blasted, anodized, packaged, and ready to go. The remaining balance for the majority of the run is 120$ which includes shipping. We might have to talk to a few customers who are out of country about their preferred shipping.

I hope that answered your question. Let me know if you have any others!

Thanks,
Malibu

Hey there, the expected invoice will be paid once we are 100% ready to ship. Meaning the hilts will all be blasted, anodized, packaged, and ready to go. The remaining balance for the majority of the run is 120$ which includes shipping. We might have to talk to a few customers who are out of country about their preferred shipping.
Thank you. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I paid the deposit back in April but never received an invoice. Then I noticed a few other folks have remarked that their invoices updated to reflect some changes. So I just wanted to double check that I didn't make a mistake and miss something.

Thanks for the response. I'm excited about the saber, all of the updates look great so far.

I am sending out a mass email to those who put forth their names for a blade. There will be a limited number available with a few extras just in case. But once this batch is made that will be it for a long while.

Some details about the pixel blade itself.

Full machined Polycarbonate. It is flexible and is a joy to spin around. While it can take an impressive amount of abuse this blade is not meant for dueling and should be taken care of.

The black decals come in solid black and a lightning pattern. They are replaceable in case they are ever damaged. Each blade gets a spare pair of decals and a squeegee for future self refurbishment.

The blade contains a SINGLE 12mm neopixel strip placed sideways. This keeps the blade thin, lightweight, its x2 as energy efficient, and it allows the blade to flex without damaging the strips all while being impressively bright. RGBW strips are heavily recommended here for best performance. But RGB is available to.

Keep an eye on your emails and if you aren't on the list for a blade now is your chance.

-Devin

Attachments

• IMG_3846.mov
    7.6 MB
I am sending out a mass email to those who put forth their names for a blade. There will be a limited number available with a few extras just in case. But once this batch is made that will be it for a long while.

Full machined Polycarbonate. It is flexible and is a joy to spin around. While it can take an impressive amount of abuse this blade is not meant for dueling and should be taken care of.

The black decals come in solid black and a lightning pattern. They are replaceable in case they are ever damaged. Each blade gets a spare pair of decals and a squeegee for future self refurbishment.

The blade contains a SINGLE 12mm neopixel strip placed sideways. This keeps the blade thin, lightweight, its x2 as energy efficient, and it allows the blade to flex without damaging the strips all while being impressively bright. RGBW strips are heavily recommended here for best performance. But RGB is available to.

Keep an eye on your emails and if you aren't on the list for a blade now is your chance.

-Devin
I would like to amend my order to include a blade, if it's not too late for that. Thanks.

Blades are currently being fabricated. Hopefully there won’t be any that will need scrapped but so far they are looking good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 120

-Devin
Have you already sent out the email, I have not received one yet. Just want to make sure I don't miss it.

-Devin

Email went to my junk folder hence the delay in replying. I think were good now but let me know if I missed anything in my email. -Thanks

Update: the anodized finish has been finalized.

It has taken some time with prototyping and discussing processes at the anodizing facility, but I think we have landed with a fantastic representation. Thanks for hanging in there. It is a selective aluminum oxide blast process (similar to sandblasting) that allows the contrasted finish to be achieved. Its not easy. A blast cabinet had to be purchased and each hilt (2 pieces per) is worked on individually.

Next steps are:
1.Finish the selective blasting on the first 25 hilts in the next 48 hours (50% is complete at this time).
2. Take hilts to the anodizer for final finish processing. Will have a timeline of completion at that time but I am told 2 weeks plus or minus a little.
3. Electroplate the blade stems (while hilts are at anodizer)
4. Print plugs for the base for screen accuracy
5. Send out final invoices
6. shipping
7. Second batch of 25 is in production and nearing completion. It will follow the above steps as well.

Here are the pics,

D22DB7D3-FE3E-44B0-9FB5-9F1D7803E8BA.jpeg
845813B9-E80B-4E25-AD4F-8D7B6D0C94CC.jpeg
438CA260-28AA-41D1-9082-AB08FEE8737A.jpeg
8ACAC79F-5F27-41C3-9629-9C4DFDAC0435.jpeg
7DC1DFB4-D45A-4132-8DD2-8F32B8DE8CCD.jpeg
DD5881A9-9CCA-40BD-B64C-D977A1D72D8E.jpeg

Thanks,

Malibu

Update: the anodized finish has been finalized.

It has taken some time with prototyping and discussing processes at the anodizing facility, but I think we have landed with a fantastic representation. Thanks for hanging in there. It is a selective aluminum oxide blast process (similar to sandblasting) that allows the contrasted finish to be achieved. Its not easy. A blast cabinet had to be purchased and each hilt (2 pieces per) is worked on individually.

Next steps are:
1.Finish the selective blasting on the first 25 hilts in the next 48 hours (50% is complete at this time).
2. Take hilts to the anodizer for final finish processing. Will have a timeline of completion at that time but I am told 2 weeks plus or minus a little.
3. Electroplate the blade stems (while hilts are at anodizer)
4. Print plugs for the base for screen accuracy
5. Send out final invoices
6. shipping
7. Second batch of 25 is in production and nearing completion. It will follow the above steps as well.

Here are the pics,

View attachment 1521301View attachment 1521302View attachment 1521303View attachment 1521305View attachment 1521315View attachment 1521326

Thanks,

Malibu
Love it! Thanks for staying dedicated to the details!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back