Limited Run The Mandalorian: Anodized Aluminum Darksaber Hilt - UPDATE 07/08 NOW IN PRODUCTION - **RUN FULL**

There’s will be multiple designs to choose from. Solid black, clone wars, Mando.
Thanks for doing this for the run Devin!

For now the focus is getting the RPF members that supported this run squared away and shipped their awesome individually machined and anodized Darksaber hilts.

Once that is complete and there has been time to catch some breath then another run will be considered. We do have a great deal of individual moves programmed for the 5 axis machine so might as well, but we will see. Keep a lookout though.

I’m going to be taking deposits for the blade soon. I’m making final adjustments to the decal, it’s a pretty tricky one and I need it to be just right . If it’s cool for me to get the email list from Malibu I can get a good idea of numbers.
Devin,Thats cool with me as I definitely looking forward to getting one of your blades, you're doing awesome work.

I also stated that I don't need blades, but for some reason the blades are marked as "yes", but I don't need the blades that this Sabertrade makes.

Any chance there's pictures of the final anodizing? Really excited that's you're so close!

We do not have any final pictures quite yet, my apologies. We had a minor setback with the masking process. Rest assured the finish will be the same that we have discussed. The masking used to create the two tone look needed modification as per the anodizer.

In the meanwhile, I have some pictures of the blade inserts without the metal plating. The pictures are attached.

Thanks,
Malibu

Attachments

• 965F0661-B868-49BF-9A27-43C5D4EB38B7.jpeg
    965F0661-B868-49BF-9A27-43C5D4EB38B7.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
  • 4CE4E40D-1527-441C-83A6-56222DC6E9B2.jpeg
    4CE4E40D-1527-441C-83A6-56222DC6E9B2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 118
  • CD155214-0CC1-4BCE-BAD2-BF1EBCF2563B.jpeg
    CD155214-0CC1-4BCE-BAD2-BF1EBCF2563B.jpeg
    929.4 KB · Views: 116
Exciting news today-first the picture!

fhfiaoshijf.jpg

The machine shop is completing the second batch of 25 hilts as we speak. He should be done in the next 3-4 weeks.

We should have the finalized 2 tone finish from the anodizer by the end of this week. Lots of anodizing shop required design edits have been necessary for the 3D masking to get it right.

Will post up the pics of the final finish as soon as it’s done.
Once we have the final finish, the anodizer can give us a realistic completion date on the first 25 hilts and a shipping timeline can be determined. Keep in mind the first batch anodizing should be completed in 2 weeks once the final finish is finalized (say that 3 times fast..lol).

Thanks,
Malibu

Hello,
I was wondering if there is any update?

There isn’t anything super exciting but I have been working hard behind the scenes!

C5E82F7B-522F-43C3-AAE6-8B36CF212C59.jpeg

The second batch is going to be done very soon!
This batch of 30 finishes out the full run of 55. Might have a couple extra after the fact. I have gotten a much better masking 3D print (for two-tone finish) so blasting will be easier. I am buying a blast cabinet so that I can blast the hilts with aluminum oxide myself before sending them to anodizing. This is so I can ensure each has the proper two tone finish on the grips before being anodized. This will also allow the process to go quicker for the second batch. It boils down to getting the 2 tone finish perfect because it looks and feels really nice.

I have been working with The Saber Trade optimizing the internal chassis so that the install process is easier for anyone doing their own install.

13C3B5E1-B4A4-44BD-B57E-C648CD925533.jpeg

Thanks,
Malibu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back