Limited Run The Mandalorian: Anodized Aluminum Darksaber Hilt - UPDATE 07/08 NOW IN PRODUCTION - **RUN FULL**

Regarding the Saber Trade blades - could someone clarify what is required for a DIY blade versus PNP?
Great question! I'm curious myself.

Good question guys.

The DIY blade only comes with the blade for no connectors. So you will have to solder or crimp the connector yourself(which we will include in the box with non blade orders).

The PNP blade will come already installed and soldered in our blade adapter for $350.

Hope this sheds some light and makes sense!

Thanks,
Malibu

Hey there everyone!

We have been working with the machine shop and here is a quick update on how things are going. Programing and tooling should be ready very soon. The materials are ordered and will be in next week. We have had a bit of a short delay as the shop's material contact is a little slower than normal due to the covid prices. Besides that everything is going very well. We will hopefully have a metal hilt soon if nothing changes.

Once anything exciting happens, you all will be first to know!

Thanks,
Malibu

Once anything exciting happens, you all will be first to know!

Thanks,
Malibu
Soooo this happened today....
4BB21644-BA30-4478-85BD-F8E12B36F4B4.jpeg

Going to be off the forum for a bit next week. Questions (if any ) will be addressed ASAP when back on.

And now for an update : We have moved into production and everything is moving along smoothly. We have integrated the “buttonplate” into the main grip. We have completed the chassis design, the bolts, and many minor details. This is very exciting!
Will have more updates and progress soon but will leave you with this........

8DF03B0A-1E00-4E6F-8376-9462D2B60623.jpeg
3DDE4B0C-2CEE-414D-BA4B-7D1FC377806D.jpeg

D643EDEC-02CF-411E-95A5-21F5ECE562D4.jpeg

Thanks,
Malibu

Last edited:
There is a considerable update today.

This run is now full and we are closing it out.

If there is interest we can do another if we meet a 25 unit minimum.

Dropped in over at the shop last night and I am happy to announce we are in full blown production!
4CAA569F-024B-4BFC-9329-1BA79D5EA1A1.jpeg

357C60E7-17A1-4A0E-AFAA-267BA625E6AB.jpeg
601DBBDF-42C2-4D0A-B54C-DB31E6A6BB8B.jpeg
Almost half of this run has been produced. As you can see from the photo its spectacular seeing all the cross guards and emitters, raw materials, etc. in one place.

All the materials are in hand and the second 25 will be produced quickly once these are finished.

Next steps are:

Slight re-design of the emitter/blade insert to be more screen accurate while the rest of the run is produced

Emitter shipped to Devin at The Saber Trade for blade insert design /integration

Anodizing. Local shop with a short turnaround.

Assembly. This will include D ring, chasis and all hardware.

Final payments and …….Shipping!!!!

We do now have one assembled and in hand and as you can see it’s a thing of beauty. In the words of our shop” it really IS a work of metal art”

First impressions are its beautiful, hefty at 16oz, solid, and elegant.

It has only 4 main body pieces so assembly is simple and straightforward. There are only two internal parts: the chasis and the blade insert.

Will have an assembly video soon and more updates as usual as things continue to progress

Thanks,
Malibu

Last edited:
I've been away and have missed all the updates, any chance to still slip in and get an order? I already have my blade with Devin purchased.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

Yesterday I met with the coating shop about anodizing the Darksaber. We came up with a very good solution to address the contrast of the raised portions of the grip. I will be giving the shop a few samples so we can test out some different finishes. Once we get those samples back I will post progress pics so that I can get feedback from you guys. I think we already have a very good idea of which will be best. When we have decided on the finish and drop off the first batch of 25 for coating, the turnaround is fairly quick at 2 weeks or less.

The test chassis is wired up for the internals of the hilt. It is very simple and works really well. Charging is going to be very easy. Look for a post with examples soon.

And lastly the accuracy upgrades to the blade insert are being finalized and will be sent to Devin at the Saber Trade soon to have blades made. This portion wont affect the timeline on hilt production/shipping , just wanted to keep everyone up to speed on everything in the works.

We are seeing light at the end of the tunnel and should be able to provide a general time frame on expected ship dates soon.

There was a guest appearance @5th axis recently.
3FC36D27-E83B-44E2-B5F9-4F213B3BCB43.jpeg

Thanks everyone!
Malibu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back