The Lost World: Jurassic Park Roland Tembo Costume Build - COMPLETED

CT1138

Sr Member
For Christmas, I got one of the last pieces I needed to finish my Roland Tembo costume: an original Willis & Geiger Hemingway jacket, just like the one Pete Postlethwaite uses in the movie "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" as the venerable hunter, Roland Tembo. I already have the boots, white cotton dress shirt, khaki shorts, and and most of the accessories (gold watch, leather band, gold earing, hat), all that's left is a fake double barreled shotgun. I know, it was a rifle in the movie, but you try finding a replica of a .600 Nitro Express. :p
b3StTaR.jpg

I'll post more images if anybody is interested. :)

Last edited:
Re: The Lost World: Jurassic Park Roland Tembo Costume Build

Cool looking shirt/ jacket.

It's really sad that Safari and Hunting jackets cost ridiculous amounts of money for what is eventually a cheap army blouse (what they where originally) that usually cost no more than $20-$30.
All's you are paying for is the name.

Cool looking shirt/ jacket.

It's really sad that Safari and Hunting jackets cost ridiculous amounts of money for what is eventually a cheap army blouse (what they where originally) that usually cost no more than $20-$30.
All's you are paying for is the name.
Thanks! I agree, the brand name does often bump the price to ridiculous amounts. I actually got this off ebay for far under retail price. Even the repro by Lost Worlds Inc sells for an exuberant amount of money. I'm very happy I was able to snag this for the price I did.

I believe the hat should arrive sometime this week. Wouldn't mind being able to recreate this shot:
SYqOIpY.png

Last edited:

Post pix when you get it all together. :thumbsup

I got a Cabela's jacket I intend to add some JP patches to.
It's the same pattern and details from the looks of it.

Update on my Roland costume build! Here's all the main items minus the shorts and accessories. I tried recreating the image of the hat and jacket from the Making-Of book (image above), but because my Akubra hat seems to have been lost in the mail and I'm not entirely sure when it will arrive I'm using a custom made Freddy Kreuger hat as a stand-in for this photo. Fortunately, I do have the custom hatband and chin strap ready to be added when my hat does eventually arrive. Furthermore, because I'm going abroad next week, I won't be able to get back to working on this until February.

2ogEF0v.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Finished! :D I got the Akubra Leisure Time in tonight, which was the base around which I built the replica hat from. This was a lot of fun, and Roland Tembo being one of my favorite characters from the Jurassic movies didn't hurt either. :)
9iW9s4k.jpg

OaGxFZY.jpg

aeDP5r0.jpg

Attachments

• OaGxFZY.jpg
    OaGxFZY.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 284
Got a tip over on the Fedora Lounge that Roland's hat used in the movie may have been by Willis & Geiger.
dLR4OLT.jpg

Debating whether to go on the hunt for it. I do like the Akubra Leisure time I picked for my costume build:
KenSvFv.jpg

2E0Q8xk.jpg

OqGEhou.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back