The Invaders TV series Saucer

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by aniskywalker, Nov 7, 2005.

1. aniskywalker

aniskywalker Active Member

Hi, I am looking for some information on the studio scale Invaders ship. I need some good pics, and would like to know what size model was used, ect..... :D

Thanks

Still looking for pictures of this model. Hard to believe nothing much is out there... :confused

Thanks to everyone who has helped on this subject. :)

James

2. redshirt

redshirt Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'd also like to know...someone??

3. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

4. redshirt

Okay. I'll try those boards, but if anyone here has any info on the Studio model or anything. Please PM me.

Tom

5. TheSt.LouisKid

TheSt.LouisKid Sr Member

Kinda off yet still on topic, there was a guest on the Art Bell Coast to Coast AM radio talk show who was on to discuss aliens and saucers.

Arts guest had a website featuring various saucers. One of the pictures on his site was a grainy picture of the Invaders saucer with people standing around it and claimed it to be a genuine picture of a * experimental aircraft. The people standing around the alleged * saucer were standing by incredibly coincidance, in the same postures as the figures that came with the kit. When I emailed the guy sending pictures of the Invaders kit I got a reply saying that the Invaders TV show probably found the same alleged * saucer picture during their research and used for inspiration on their design.

:confused

If I find that site I'll post a link. Its crazy.

6. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(TheSt.LouisKid @ May 21 2006, 09:35 PM) [snapback]1248403[/snapback]</div>

Nothing surprises me when Art Bell kooks are concerned.
    Man there is money to be made off of fools... sad.

I have the last re-issue of the Invaders saucer.
    Throw a few swastikas on it... and an important piece of "history" is recreated. LOL

7. redshirt

I was thinking of getting Exoray to do up another lighting kit for the Monogram Invaders UFO Saucer. Anyone interested?

8. redshirt

Finding out any info on the saucer is hard. Anyone have any leads on the studio saucer or shots of it (other than the video screenshots)? I'm hitting a brick wall here.

9. John Smallberries

John Smallberries New Member

From what I have heard is this.
    The saucer was build on spec by Projects Unlimited for the Howard Anderson company.
    Projects Unlimited are the same people that made the 11' Enterprise.
    I believe Richard Datin had commented about the Invaders Saucer when asked about Enterprise miniature project.

Ive heard that the Invaders Saucer was 4' across.Some of my friends have said that it still hangs in someones rafters in a shop somewhere here in Hollywood.

I have my self built a saucer that is 21" across that I may make in a kit some day.I made it and never finished it but if I can figure how to post pictures I will put them up.
    I just dont think anyone would want one .
    Most people dont even remember the Invaders TV show.
    I really liked the show.Star Trek is my first loveand The Invaders is number2.
    Steve Horch

10. redshirt

Steve,

You'd be surprised. There's a small but dedicated crowd for The Invaders. I know I really, really want a buildup of your 21" Invaders Saucer with lights when you get on this one.

Who is Richard Datin? Is he someone I can follow up with to find out anything? What about Bob Burns for leads?

Tom

11. redshirt

I've come across a photo that may or may not be a shot of the Studio Model. This was a pic sold by TVChariot a few years back at conventions. Anyone have a line on those folks??

[​IMG]

12. TheSt.LouisKid

TheSt.LouisKid Sr Member

13. aniskywalker

Bump :D

James

14. SSRN Seaview

SSRN Seaview Well-Known Member

I have those Starlog special editions and can scan the pics in. There's only one pic per book of the invaders craft and it looks like it came from a picture from someone's TV. Very grainy. One's in flight and the other looks like the infamous landing shot mentioned in the Art Bell posting.

15. aniskywalker

Still looking for SS model pics. :)

James

16. redshirt

I still only found the grainy underside studio pic. Anyone see any other studio scale Invaders Saucer pics around?

Tom

17. redshirt

I finally did get photos of the studio saucer after a lot of detective work. I have asked Randy Cooper if he was interested in making a kit.

18. mofo77

mofo77 Well-Known Member

well done mate,just out of curiosity what is the history to the s/s model and does it it still exist?

19. redshirt

Same people that made the Star Trek Enterprise made it.

20. emojo5

emojo5 Well-Known Member

Any chance we can see what you turned up in the way of photos of the studio model. I've been looking for years and only found 1 photo of it (it's posted on another modeling board). Love to see what you found. Thanks.

-emojo5

21. redshirt

Was this the one your found on another board? It's the one I put out there on a few sites including a site that covers the history of the model kit.

[​IMG]

The photo you link to here was the one I gave to that site and they credit me on the webpage too.

This was the only picture out there of the studio model and it was sold at Sci-Fi conventions in the 80's. There have been bad copies of this picture on eBay, but I got an original, which still looks grainy as you can see here.

I've also been asking La La Land Records if they'd consider releasing the series soundtrack music since they've released some Dominic Frontiere music from other series like the Outer Limits. Email them and ask to have this. Their website is: http://www.lalalandrecords.com They just released the full recordings of the original Star Trek series soundtrack on 15 CD's. It's awesome!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  22. emojo5

emojo5 Well-Known Member

Hi Redshirt.

That's the same photo that I was talking about. There's a thread on the "Hobby Talk" board about the Invaders saucer. Great shot. Love to know where that studio miniature went. Must be in a private collection.

-emojo5

23. Falkie2013

Falkie2013 New Member

24. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I remember the kit i had of this from revell i think it was, got it at the local model show. it's an iconic design and i bet it's shown up in more than a few fake ufo photos.

25. redshirt

Too bad the Aurora/Revell Kit was inaccurate. Number and spacing of energy ports around the top is wrong and there should be no grid pattern on the lower engine circle window (and it should be red/orange in color). The power domes under the craft should be a green/blue color. The color of the model should be a light gray and not silver metallic. The interior is based off the first season without the extra control room redressing done in the second season.