Interest The Force Awakens ALL ALUMINUM CHEWBACCA BOWCASTER PROP

Hi Manny, I’m very sorry to hear about your family’s health issues. I hope things improve for you and yours. Is there any estimate for unfinished parts to ship? I want to have funds available if/when they do, have other projects in the works as well.

Family always comes first. You and your family have definitely come across some very hard times. Hopefully things turn around. Thanks for keeping us all updated on the status of the project!

Good morning to everyone. I was away but doesn't mean that the work on the project was stopped. All the prods are done, they were shipped last Friday and I will receive them tomorrow. I am setting a work/assembling area and my local machine shop were all the bowcasters will be pre-assembled. I will take new pictures. We are close to completion with all the parts. I have made extra aluminum prods with stainless steel spheres ONLY for the ANH version. I have received messages from members that they wish to purchase the ANH prods separately fro their built which is fine, I just need to check the costs and shipping, so I can order the correct size carton box from ULINE. For TFA I will paint and weather all the Bowcasters at the same time. I will take several pictures of the finished Bowcaster next to the original Prop Shop one for comparison. Once again thank you for your time and patience.

Hi Manny, I’m very sorry to hear about your family’s health issues. I hope things improve for you and yours. Is there any estimate for unfinished parts to ship? I want to have funds available if/when they do, have other projects in the works as well.
Hi, for The Force Awakens Bowcaster run, this is a fully assembled, painted, weathered prop, and for the ANH Bowcaster version I started to assembled the parts that are already made. The Bowcaster frame is ready to be machined, so I would say that by early December, I should start putting all the bowcaster aluminum parts together to have them ready to ship.

Hi, for The Force Awakens Bowcaster run, this is a fully assembled, painted, weathered prop, and for the ANH Bowcaster version I started to assembled the parts that are already made. The Bowcaster frame is ready to be machined, so I would say that by early December, I should start putting all the bowcaster aluminum parts together to have them ready to ship.
Any more available?

Hi guys, happy new year. On October 31st I moved to a new shop where I will be doing most of my prop work. The Bowcasters and all the machined prop parts will be assembled at my local machine shop. The completion date is moved to late March, and that's because we ran into an issue with the ANH Bowcaster frame, and since there are less spots on this run and this Bowcaster is in kit I decided to finish this one first. Even that there are still spots available in the run, I will do finish the Force Awakens Bowcasters for the people that are on the run and paid their deposit first. I apologize for the delays and the inconvenience. Regarding the funds, I can work with you guys if you can't make the final payment on completion, I know the economy is not the best now, I will put aside the Bowcaster aside and I can set a payment plan.

Hi guys, happy new year. On October 31st I moved to a new shop where I will be doing most of my prop work. The Bowcasters and all the machined prop parts will be assembled at my local machine shop. The completion date is moved to late March, and that's because we ran into an issue with the ANH Bowcaster frame, and since there are less spots on this run and this Bowcaster is in kit I decided to finish this one first. Even that there are still spots available in the run, I will do finish the Force Awakens Bowcasters for the people that are on the run and paid their deposit first. I apologize for the delays and the inconvenience. Regarding the funds, I can work with you guys if you can't make the final payment on completion, I know the economy is not the best now, I will put aside the Bowcaster aside and I can set a payment plan.
Thanks for the update! No worries here, just good to know potential timeline so I can make sure to have funds set aside. Excited to see your work!

Thanks for the update Manny! still so stocked for this project! Just to clarify, ANH kits will be finished in late march as well? or were you saying those will complete first before then? Apologies, just wanna make sure I have money ready for you!

Thanks for the update Manny! still so stocked for this project! Just to clarify, ANH kits will be finished in late march as well? or were you saying those will complete first before then? Apologies, just wanna make sure I have money ready for you!
Hi Jon, no, the ANH version will be finished this month of February, and the Force Awakens frames are ready to be machined, this is actually the Bowcaster project that has most of the parts made, only the frame is left to do and to do a few adjustments to the prods, basically the opening of the prod so it matches the original, nothing major, it just take time. This is an exiting prop to make, especially because it was only made in such of small quantities, less than seven were made and they were very fragile, most of those ended up broken either in transit or after they were handled because the the 3D printed resin material used and how heavy the scopes were since they were solid aluminum. I truly appreciate your patience on this project, you guys will not be disappointed with the quality of the prop.

Definitely willing to be patient here, but if the project has hit a dead end, would like to request a refund on the deposit. Happy to buy one after they’re finished though.

Hi Jeremy, I apologize for the delate response. TFA Bowcaster has not hit a dead end, one of the machine shops that did the aluminum prods didn't do the bent right and the prods had to be bent again to the right curve at another shop. Also new step files has to be done from the original 3D scan in order to ensure 100% accuracy to the finished aluminum body. I have no problem to issue a deposit refund, however, I won't be able to offer you the the same run price than other members paid at the beginning of the run, and that I will honor to them, since I am aware that this project took longer that I did anticipate, and the costs and inflation are way more now that when I started the run almost two years ago. My time and efforts didn't diminish even that I was going through to very complicated times after COVID and the passing of my wife. My goal when I started this project was to achieve a true screen accurate Force Awakens Bowcaster, not only matching the very same aluminum parts already used in the original prop, but also the very same green British slings, same material used to make the side plates where the greeblies and dials are, on a CNC machined aluminum block for the frame. I am very close to now finally pull the trigger on the aluminum frame which is the only part left to machine, the rest of the parts are already machined. I do need to point out guys that this is a very expensive prop to produce, and even though that the deposit was not going to even cover the material costs, I funded this out of my own pocket and I still owe money to two of three machine shops involved. I really appreciate you guys support, patience and understanding. I have no reason to walk away with any money or less to not finish a prop that's been a real challenge for me.

Happy Fourth of July to all and thank you again for your time.

Manny Romero
Portumac Prop Studios

Hi Jeremy, I apologize for the delate response. TFA Bowcaster has not hit a dead end, one of the machine shops that did the aluminum prods didn't do the bent right and the prods had to be bent again to the right curve at another shop. Also new step files has to be done from the original 3D scan in order to ensure 100% accuracy to the finished aluminum body. I have no problem to issue a deposit refund, however, I won't be able to offer you the the same run price than other members paid at the beginning of the run, and that I will honor to them, since I am aware that this project took longer that I did anticipate, and the costs and inflation are way more now that when I started the run almost two years ago. My time and efforts didn't diminish even that I was going through to very complicated times after COVID and the passing of my wife. My goal when I started this project was to achieve a true screen accurate Force Awakens Bowcaster, not only matching the very same aluminum parts already used in the original prop, but also the very same green British slings, same material used to make the side plates where the greeblies and dials are, on a CNC machined aluminum block for the frame. I am very close to now finally pull the trigger on the aluminum frame which is the only part left to machine, the rest of the parts are already machined. I do need to point out guys that this is a very expensive prop to produce, and even though that the deposit was not going to even cover the material costs, I funded this out of my own pocket and I still owe money to two of three machine shops involved. I really appreciate you guys support, patience and understanding. I have no reason to walk away with any money or less to not finish a prop that's been a real challenge for me.

Happy Fourth of July to all and thank you again for your time.

Manny Romero
Portumac Prop Studios
Hey Manny,

Appreciate the update. I’m fine to stay in the run if there’s progress. The last update in winter kind of made it sound as though the project was nearing completion, so was a bit concerned when there wasn’t any recent updates.

It sounds as though you’re getting ready to cross the finish line once the frame is done. What kind of timeline would you be expecting for that? Once you have the frame, is it then just the assembly and finish process?

Appreciate any additional information. More than happy to give it some more time, but if it stretches past fall, I may take you up on your refund offer (knowing it would be a bit priced later). Looking forward to seeing some pics!

Hey Manny,

Appreciate the update. I’m fine to stay in the run if there’s progress. The last update in winter kind of made it sound as though the project was nearing completion, so was a bit concerned when there wasn’t any recent updates.

It sounds as though you’re getting ready to cross the finish line once the frame is done. What kind of timeline would you be expecting for that? Once you have the frame, is it then just the assembly and finish process?

Appreciate any additional information. More than happy to give it some more time, but if it stretches past fall, I may take you up on your refund offer (knowing it would be a bit priced later). Looking forward to seeing some pics!
Hi Jeremy, thank yo for your understanding. I am going to visit the machine shop that is machining the frames today and I will get a date to complete the frames, and then I will be able to calculate the assembly and paint schedule that it will be done by me. I will let you guys know tonight or tomorrow the latest.
Manny.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back