The Flash WIP

TickleMyPony

I've been a HUGE Flash fan ever since I was little and with all the adaptations I have seen of him over the years I felt it was time to create my own. every step in creating what I have thus far has been a struggle. I have bought masks, but none have fit my apparently oddly shaped head... fine. I spend a year or so learning how to sculpt and mold and bam, a mask I am happy with. but the suit itself has been the hardest part which I anticipated. I had made a custom design that was inspired by the classic Flash as well as the CW rendition and some of my own ideas. I wanted something practical but still fun and eccentric but also edgy, that sounds complicated but my final design fits that description in my eyes at least. unfortunately I was unable to locate the fabric I wanted to use for the suit so I ultimately had to use a morphsuit as a temporary solution to meet my Philadelphia comic con deadline. i've posted before bout locating the fabric so if anyone wants to help in the search it would be greatly appreciated and ill put a link to the thread here http://www.therpf.com/f24/help-fabric-id-238340/
I've put up some pictures of what I have done so far. any constructive criticism is valuable to me. I know there are people on here far better at this than I am so advice will be well received. aside from all that, I hope you enjoy my work and if you have any questions i'd love to answer!

Attachments

• WP_20150403_001.jpg
    WP_20150403_001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 156
  • WP_20150404_018.jpg
    WP_20150404_018.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 192
  • WP_20150412_001.jpg
    WP_20150412_001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 191
  • WP_20150416_002 (1).jpg
    WP_20150416_002 (1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 260
  • WP_20150327_001.jpg
    WP_20150327_001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 205
Definitely going to follow this thread. Your design looks great! The CW suit to me is well designed but I'd definitly like to see a more vibrant suit that captures more of Barrys upbeatness so your suit will be a great look into that. Best of luck!

Just thought i'd share this. My girlfriend is going to comic con with me and she's chosen to go as a genderbent Captain cold, her costume is already finished so here are a few pictures of her Leonora Snart.
we went with a cw/classic hybrid and I think it turned out really well

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 142
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
so here's the deal. I finished my costume. but im not totally satisfied with it yet. so I wouldn't call it done this is more of a prototype! but here's a pic of it in action

Attachments

• image7.JPG
    image7.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 190
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back