the flash cw etsy cosplay suit

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by DeJaan13, May 10, 2015.

1. DeJaan13

DeJaan13 Active Member

I found a cosplay suit from the the cw flash series off of a site called etsy.and it looks good. I was thinking that maybe some tips or photos of someone owning a cosplay flash suit would help.

2. Hazmat

Hazmat Well-Known Member

Contact the seller then.

3. YuZheng

YuZheng Member

I ordered mine awhile back it should be coming soon in two weeks time. I give you update about it i bought from another website call aliexpress. Heres a picture the seller send to me HTB1Sa5YHFXXXXb0XVXXq6xXFXXXY.jpg

4. YuZheng

YuZheng Member

I just received my first parcel with includeds the shoes and the cowl. The other package will arrive this Friday, apparently it arrive early than I expected. The material for the shoe apparently is quite good and I expect the colour to be off but it's quite good and darkish red. I wasn't planning on using the cowl, order rocketeer accurate flash cowl just waiting for them. the cowl is decent but is better than the others I saw so far. Can't wait for the suit to arrive everything looking good so far.
    IMG_0154.JPG IMG_0155.JPG IMG_0159.JPG IMG_0157.JPG

5. jrenemtz321

jrenemtz321 Well-Known Member

Everything you've got so far looks pretty good - even the cowl.

6. Vox

Vox Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I agree with jrenemtz321. The cowl obviously doesn't come close to TheRocketeer's work, but as part of the "whole package" that cowl could have looked a LOT worse. And the boots look good! I'd probably do something different with the gold accents, but the red part doesn't look like it needs much work!

7. Mr Mold Maker

Mr Mold Maker Sr Member

If I had to guess, that cowl is made after the leather one they use in the show for scenes where Barry has taken his mask off. It isn't meant to be worn like the foam rubber mask they use, just hang off like a hoodie.

- - - Updated - - -

Fast-Enough-5-630x436.jpg

Here is a good shot of what I'm talking about.

8. vader1974

vader1974 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

What kind of fabric is used for the non-leather/pleather sections?

9. YuZheng

YuZheng Member

Yeah it would probably be a good hoodie for the costume. I have to cut the chin piece and change the ear piece but otherwise it's good. I wait for the full suit and the other cowl before I start on this
    If not mistaken its Polyester or Nylon, will post the a detail close up of the suit when it arrive this week or next.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
    TGowen likes this.
  10. YuZheng

YuZheng Member

So guys i just received my suit and pants today. Here's a preview of them, the pants fit nicely i had personally for a costume size. The pants and jacket turn out pretty good, i am happy with how it looked. Just need to change up the gold and fix the logo and stuff. The logo is magnet which is pretty cool and the suit is made up of leather and not sure whats the other material. So what do you guys think about the suit? Definitely i think this is one of the good one out there. If you have any question about the suit and wanna see more photos just pm me. Probably gonna make some changes to the cowl and make it into a hoodie, the only thing left is waiting for Rocketeer to finish making the flash cowl and i be good to go. :D
    IMG_0176.JPG IMG_0177.JPG IMG_0179.JPG IMG_0188.JPG IMG_0186.JPG IMG_0190.JPG

TGowen and Spectacular like this.
  11. Spectacular

Spectacular New Member

Not gonna lie, I didn't expect something like that off etsy to be particularly good, but that looks pretty perfect. Once the cowl is replaced you will become not only the fastest man alive but the one I'm the most jealous of!

12. Fastestfanalive

Fastestfanalive New Member

13. YuZheng

YuZheng Member

Got it from another website but yeah i didn't expect a chinese supplier to pull off this quality. It's based on the first suit design, there been some changes on the suit i be explaining on the my own thread. Thanks i am also super excited for the cowl to come. :D

I saw your suit i think it's the same as mine maybe the gloves are different. Too bad your logo fell off but definitely worth the experience skydiving. Hope to see your costume and cowl finish. Good luck with it!

14. 1badevo9

1badevo9 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

YuZheng, was curious which company you purchased from on aliexpress? I saw a few different ones selling it using the same photos and also saw one that was made slightly different.

15. YuZheng

YuZheng Member

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-Flash-cosplay-costume-halloween-claret-leather/32253925631.html This is the actual seller i choose her because she was the only one who actually made the trouble to sent me the photo of the suit that isnt the promo which everyone uses the same.

Dannicelook likes this.
  16. Fastestfanalive

Yeah we have the same gloves, I just have another costume and not only did I like these gloves better but my hands are huge and the gloves from this suit look way too small.

I'm not too worried about losing the emblem...1) Now it is a part of that airfield and/or someone will find it and wonder, 2) I plan on replacing it anyway, and 3) I have a spare.

I'm also anxiously awaiting TheRocketeer's Flash 2.0 cowl as I ruined the first one he sent me. I'm also modifying the decent cowl they sent us to work as a hood and be the cowl off look. I was looking into velcro and now I'm thinking snaps.

I dig the shoes that they sent but I wish they were more like sneakers and less like boots. In any case I prefer to rock my wings anyway.

Keep us updated on the changes you make.

17. YuZheng

YuZheng Member

Haha we are probably almost on the same boat. I plan on also making the cowl to a hoodie but just waiting for the 2.0 Cowl to arrive. yeah i could see why you could't fit the glove my hands are small and they just fit nicely. How did you broke the first cowl Rocketeer sent to you? Anyways sure thing i keep you updated on the change on my thread, keep me updated on yours too. Cheers! :cheers

18. kw1968

kw1968 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

that's really cool

19. officertyler

officertyler New Member

Good looking suit, I might have to try one myself.

20. DeJaan13

DeJaan13 Active Member

i was thinking that if I got the suit . I would paint the inner emblem white since the future flash in the series has a white symbol. 0ed3d4f0-6153-0132-42d5-0ebc4eccb42f.jpg

21. Peachpanda

Peachpanda Jr Member

Just randomly noticed. It says Wayne Tech and Queen Inc merged on the bottom left. Are they going to introduce Bruce Wayne or crossover with Gotham eventually? Or is this just a cool easter egg?

22. Fulmetal75

Fulmetal75 Active Member

Double post

23. Fulmetal75

Fulmetal75 Active Member

24. YuZheng

YuZheng Member

It's working fine for me. If it doesnt work just go to aliexpress google search it and search for the seller name Angelia ji's store Store No.437969.

25. Fulmetal75

Fulmetal75 Active Member

Aight thank ya. I'll check it out

26. JKRIB

JKRIB Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Is that a different suit than what you got? It looks like the chest leather area has an accurate V2 rounder shape but yours looks like the stock photos?

chest.jpg

and it has the V2 thumb holes in the sleeve when yours doesn't?

hands.jpg

Please tell me if I'm wrong. I'm trying to find an accurate V2 suit with the thumb holes in the sleeve, rounder chest area, red gloves and everything.

gloves.jpg

Gonna upgrade he chest emblem and cowl, of course.

Also, do you have a picture of the back of your jacket? The stock photos everywhere show the jersey material only on the left side and the pleather material is in the middle and right side

back.jpg

27. YuZheng

YuZheng Member

I just checked mine is basicly almost like the stock photo i am planning to buy some vinyl material to make the thumb holes and fix the back and the back arms. this design was mainly followed the v1 of the suit. it's not accurate to the v2 you definitely need to make some changes.

28. JKRIB

Yeah. I guess they sent you a picture of a different suit with that green background? That would be a bummer.

And yeah I'm planning on getting this as well and modifying/improving it somehow. Maybe they can even make the belt without the bolts, so I can put 3D printed ones on instead haha

But the main issue I have is the back. Everything is pretty accurate to the V1 suit but that back mess up is just annoying me haha I had to make a photoshop of what it should look like

back2.jpg

29. jiraiya2point0

jiraiya2point0 New Member

Just chatting with Angela Ji now about making amendments to the suits so a V3 can be made up or a V2.5

30. jiraiya2point0

I've past on all the pics over the past few posts to Angela Ji so amendments can be made on future suits.

31. JKRIB

Awesome.

Did she say the changes can be made?

I got one seller on Ebay who said they can take the bolts off the belt (I want to put 3d printed ones on) and they can take the magnets in the chest out but all the other stuff would be hard to do.

And every other seller just said no changes can be made whatsoever because it is a mass produced item from a different manufacturer. They are simply reselling

32. jiraiya2point0

Looks like the back can be fixed and possibly the thumb loop.

33. JKRIB

Very cool. If the back can be fixed, I don't see why the front's chest should be a problem :lol

Then, I'm sure people could find red gloves if they don't want to do those too

34. jiraiya2point0

What's wrong with the chest?

Also

Eureka or Excelsior

Just had confirmation that the changes are A OK.

35. JKRIB

Cool. I made a clearer picture for a side by side comparison.

What changes exactly are an OK? The lower back pleather and thumb holes in sleeves?

There is also the gloves color, the chest pleather and the back of the arms that I forgot to mention before.

They should also have pleather on the back of the arms, above the elbow to tricep area

and what about the belt area with no lightning bolts? Want to add 3D printed plastic ones later.

Haha sorry for so many details

arms.jpg

compare.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  36. JKRIB

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  37. jiraiya2point0

So far so good. All changes have been approved by the designers.

I've not asked about the elbow parts yet.

I'll be putting my order in this week so only time will tell if they keep to the amendments.

38. JKRIB

That's great to hear! And you're speaking with Angela Ji on AliExpress? I'll have to find her too and order right away then. Want to have the full suit by October

39. jiraiya2point0

Talking to her now.

The suit comes to $256 + $40 for the changes to the suit (more material)

I nearly crapped myself when she mistakenly put $130 for changes lol.

I'll be placing my order today.

40. JKRIB

Just sent her a message as well to make sure :)

Waiting to hear back

Haha and that is not bad for all the changes!

UPDATE: She said all the changes are good. Woo!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  41. YuZheng

YuZheng Member

I am glad she accepted the changes, can't wait to see your suits guys. Keep us updated on it!

42. Fastestfanalive

Do you guys have a link for Angela's store? I can't seem to locate it.

43. JKRIB

As YuZheng said on the last page google search Angelia Ji's Store No.437969

That should do it

They have told me just now I should have it in a month. So expect updates first week of July!
    They also said they are the factory and designers making the costumes everyone else is selling.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  44. Fastestfanalive

45. shiveringmelody

shiveringmelody Member

I agree as others have said, for something off etsy and for the price.....it's really really good! I'm impressed.

46. jiraiya2point0

Just sent my payment.

Now it's a waiting game.

Can the fastest man alive be that patient?

47. kiyominai

kiyominai Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It'd be nice to run into the future right about now.

I think I might purchase one myself from Etsy, but I'll be screen printing my own texture with high density inks.

48. JKRIB

What would be really awesome would be to send them your screen printing and have them sew it in to your suit!

49. jiraiya2point0

Just had a message saying my suits shipped. Why do I have this uneasy feeling? Like the suits not gonna have the changes I paid for ?

50. JKRIB

Yup, I too, got a message an hour ago saying it shipped. That was fast. About a week to make all the changes? Hmmm. I asked them to pay with Paypal so I can always open a case for an item that's, not as it was described but I have hope they made all the changes.

Update: I asked and they said they did make all the changes so here's hoping

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015