The first rule of Duck Club is...

Gytheran

Sr Member
You must own a duck.

Well, she arrived. It's not 100% accurate, but it's by far close enough. I figure these weights are all going to vary in their details and I don't believe we will ever find one that completely matches what's seen on screen. That being said, I am very pleased with this one. :D

Thank you again for the heads up, Gabe. This is a pretty neat prop not found in every BR collection. :)

Also, here's my meager BR collection. It would look better had I still owned my DrS badge, but for now I have the most important items; the wiskey glass and pistol... oh... and a DUCK. :D

Sorry, I don't have the proper lighting and decor to pull it off correctly. Perhaps I'll have to rectify that at some point. :)
opium_weight_01.jpg
opium_weight_02.jpg
blade_runner_props_01.jpg

AWESOME water fowl. I was *so* hoping to snipe that one. :cry But glad a fellow fan got it. :D Here's a comparison between yours and the hero duck:

compare_gutheran_hero_duck.JPG

Indeed the hands-down winner so far. :thumbsup I *MUST* upgrade mine now...

The second rule of Duck Club is that you must make a matchbook to handle all the opium we smoke in the den:

Duck_Club_matches.JPG

IMG_2167s.JPG

IMG_2170s.JPG

IMG_2171s.JPG

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...dpost&p=1176172

E-mail me for the hi-res file. :D

The third rule of Duck Club is that each new owner must submit an essay about the significance of the opium duck in Deckard's universe. Here are a few possible theses:
  • opium = alternate reality (Deckard not knowing he's a replicant or a metaphor for the escape he craves from his empty, depsessing existence)
  • duck = majestic if free, roasted, BBQ, or al-orange if in captivity (Deckard being "little people" because he can be "retired" if he doesn't comply; his existence becomes more profound if he can escape his captivity and subservience
  • bronze = a symbol of using progress & technology to control nature (i.e., replicants replacing humans and animals) or a metaphor for the iron chains of slavery, which all replicants are born into
  • weight = the unbearable burden of Deckard's opressive existence and his hated profession
  • the duck's crest = metaphor for a unicorn's horn... (ok, I'm reaching here... :lol)
Discuss.

- Gabe

• the duck's crest = metaphor for a unicorn's horn... (ok, I'm reaching here... :lol)
The duck's crest is not a metaphor for a unicorn's horn, but symbolizes Deckard's insecurities and deficiencies in life, be it emotional, social, or er.. um... physical.

Thanks for that comparison. :) Oh, and... E-mail sent. :)

I'll be working on my essay this weekend, but here's my entry for parts one and two:

[attachmentid=6682]

At home with some of my modest collection. The Joker Card (thanks, Tony) and the unfinished Firefly Data Pad are easy, as are the Duck and the Matches ( :thumbsup , Gabe). Points go to folks that can identify the other two pieces shown here.

And here's a closer look at the Daffy one:

[attachmentid=6683]

A pretty good likeness of the screen used one. Though not perfect, it's close enough for me. I've got a set of the shot glasses in transit, so they'll soon be added to the scene, as well as another little piece that I may be ready to reveal soon..

Hey.. nice CHICKEN ya got there..:) I would post about this, but you see, I can't..
(besides, I already posted my essay in Gabe's 1st thread about the symbolism..)
Jayn

ps- was hoping to get a recipe for duck soap here...

Congrats. :)

Hey, I sent you an e-mail about the Hi Res *Duck Club* image, but didn't hear from you. Would you mind sending it to: gytheran at hotmail . com

Originally posted by Gytheran@Feb 21 2006, 06:44 AM
Congrats. :)

Hey, I sent you an e-mail about the Hi Res *Duck Club* image, but didn't hear from you. Would you mind sending it to:    gytheran at hotmail . com

[snapback]1189582[/snapback]​
I don't think I got it - but I've got an even better file with sharper text now thanks to Darkknight0667 so I'll send that over ASAP. :)

- Gabe

I had a dream that I encountered a lot of Opium ducks on a table, but none where screen acurate .. the agony.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back