The Falcon & Winter Soldier (tv series)

Madripoor is a strange and out-of-touch place. It's always felt weird in the comics. I loved the vaguely Blade Runner vibe in Low Town.

I am loving this version of Zemo. He was so boring in the comics until sometime after he created the Thunderbolts. I can definitely see this Zemo doing something like that.

I loved this episode...maybe it’s because I’m a huge Agent 13 fan, but I loved watching her kick ass.

I also really like Daniel Bruhl, so seeing Zemo again was great. I particularly liked that it kinda seemed like he was going to escape, but then he actually didn’t.

I thought episode 3 was great. I like when a series isn't predictable and when plot and character relationships only become more complex.

In ep 2 I was almost sympathetic to Walker who said (convincingly) that he was only trying to be the best CA he could possibly be. But here, under stress, his character is chilling. There is a lot packed in his delivery of that single line, "Do you know who I am?"

I also assumed Sharon would appear as a sidekick/helper. What a plesant surprise she actually has an arc - and a dark one to boot. The actor is finally given some "meat" for her character. Fight choreo is also great.

I did think Sam accepted The Baron a little too quickly, but I understand they had a lot of ground to cover in this episode. His initial reaction was spot-on, though. Another standout moment is the sympathy in Sam's face when Isaiah kicks them out of the house.

Unless this show goes nowhere I think the episodes are getting better and more interesting.

Last edited:
Even as callbacks are starting to almost get routine (but I'm not saying to stop) the very last shot of the episode had me out of my chair.
"Move. Or you will be moved." I only hope they don't overembelish her character for the sake of relatability to where we no longer see her as the stoic badass of Civil War.

Last edited:
I think one of the things I love about this series is how it is zen filmmaking all grown up. As with Ragnarok, but better. Anthony and Sebastian, at least, have beats they're supposed to hit, but very little scripted dialogue. I'm not sure about the rest of the actors/characters. But what you're seeing of their byplay is 90% improv, the dynamic between the two actors and how well they get their characters and how they feel about each other.

"I'm guessing you're not gonna move the seat up."
"Nope."

Love those guys...

OH! Also... I was bouncing-out-of-my-chair excited when they namedropped Madripoor (let alone went there). This has so much potential for what Marvel does and where the larger story goes in the future. Madripoor was introduced in The New Mutants, and many of its appearances were when Wolverine was doing shady stuff there. I don't think most, any more, but still likely the majority of it's comic appearances have been mutant-related.

Also Viper ruled Madripoor for a long time.

Also also, just like the Discworld is on the back of a giant turtle, the comics revealed Madripoor is an agglomeration of land on the back of a sleeping dragon who the Hand awoke -- and I know Marvel have hinted that they may bring Daredevil, at least, properly into the MCU. Whether they go that route or not, there's a lot of stuff that isn't presently a part of the MCU that there have been stirrings about (Daredevil, Sinister Six, mutants/X-Men, Fin Fang Foom), and Madripoor has ties to most of them. I am betting this isn't the last we see of this place, by a long shot.

...Oh, and what I wouldn't give to have Longshot and Spiral and Mojo come in at some point...

Zemo’s mask: As great as it was to see it, what’s the purpose of him wearing it? Neither Sam nor Bucky made mention of it...I seriously doubt if the mask gets fused to Zemo’s face like in the comics...

Zemo’s mask: As great as it was to see it, what’s the purpose of him wearing it? Neither Sam nor Bucky made mention of it...I seriously doubt if the mask gets fused to Zemo’s face like in the comics...

An affectation? A signal to anyone who might have seen video feeds from the port area where the battle went down that Zemo's back and if you decide to interfere in his business you'd better think twice?

What's the point of Batman wearing his cowl while working with people who know his identity?

I always thought Batman wore the cowl around people who knew him so he could keep using his deep Batman voice.

The Zemo mask has a great look to it, love it's simplicity. Madripoor sounds intriguing from the things I've heard about it. Hope we get to see it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back