The Ever-Elusive Webley Schermuly... Bossk's Relby V10 Blaster

are these scopes glued on? I've stared at these a long time and never stopped to think how they're mounted.

Nice score everyone :)

are these scopes glued on? I've stared at these a long time and never stopped to think how they're mounted.

Nice score everyone :)

I believe each scope is likely attached with a single screw, the rear scope screw goes through one of the peep sites and the fornt scope screw goes through the hole where the front sight was.

I believe each scope is likely attached with a single screw, the rear scope screw goes through one of the peep sites and the fornt scope screw goes through the hole where the front sight was.
Thank you Art! Quick and efficient solutions as always with this stuff..

The aluminum, chess-pawn-shaped front sight unscrews off a threaded post (be careful not to break). My idea was to thread a drilled/tapped M38 bolt (minus its socket head) over this post. Then the front foot of the M38 can be screwed onto the barrel. A dab of E-6000 for the rear foot.

Will try the same method for the rear sight using one of the peep holes so that I don't have to drill a larger hole.

The aluminum, chess-pawn-shaped front sight unscrews off a threaded post (be careful not to break).

the front sight came out nice and easy. A real M38 is really gonna weigh the front end down, will be interesting to see how the balance is with a brass scope hanging over the edge of the gun.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back